These Asian Bison Burgers are just the thing to change up your grilling routine! Lean ground bison burgers full of asian flavors and topped with a sriracha aioli!
I just love a good burger, don’t you? And as much as I love a classic cheeseburger, sometimes I like to change it up and do something a little different. That is what happened with this burger. For one, I decided to use bison instead of beef. I am a huge fan of bison for several reasons. First of all, bison tends to be lower in fat and higher in protein than regular beef. And I also think it tastes better. If you listened to the podcast interview I did a few weeks ago, you might remember me talking about growing up eating moose meat in Alaska. Bison has always reminded me a little bit of that, with a richer, meatier taste. I picked up the ground bison at my local Fred Meyer. Have you ever had bison? What do you think of it?
These Asian Bison Burgers are packed full of flavor and topped with a sriracha aioli!
The drawback of bison being lower fat is that it can dry out when cooking. So I decided to give these burgers some extras. Garlic, ginger, sesame oil, oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce plus an egg and some breadcrumbs to bind it all together. These patties were a bit delicate, so I grilled them on my grill pan rather than the outdoor grill. Then I topped it off with my Sesame Carrot and Cucumber Slaw and a sriracha aioli.
Keeping it short and sweet today because my sister is in town and we are going to do some sisterly things on this sunny Friday. Have a great weekend, friends! I hope you get to fire up the grill, or at least the grill pan, and make these flavor bomb Asian Bison Burgers.
You may also like…
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 4 green onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup high quality real mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- Stir together ingredients until mixed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients and form into four patties. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- In a grill pan over medium high heat, cook the burgers on one side for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve burgers with sriracha aioli and Sesame Cucumber and Carrot Slaw
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram and facebook! I really love to see what you make and you may be featured in our weekly Reader Feature!
Disclaimer: I partnered Fred Meyer for this recipe, however, my opinions, as always, are 100% my own. Integrity is important to me, and I only share brands and products that I think are awesome. Thank you for supporting Fox and Briar!