These easy and addictive honey chipotle jalapeno poppers use honey chipotle flavored cream cheese to give a twist to the classic appetizer.
For some reason, jalepeno poppers are not something I eat very often. I think that I was a little intimidated by jalapenos and I thought they would be too spicy. But this week I found myself with some extra jalapenos after making some Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos. I also was sent a sampler pack of a cream cheese from Willapa Hills Creamery which is a local creamery located in Chehalis, Washington. Fred Meyer asked if I could develop a recipe featuring one of the cream cheese spreads, and so it didn’t take long for me to put two and two together. There were a few choices of flavors, such as garlic herb and bacon blue cheese, but I was really excited about the honey chipotle. Doesn’t that just sound like it was meant to be with bacon and jalapenos?
This appetizer is embarrassingly easy, and pretty close in method to my Goat Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates. If you live near a Fred Meyer, you can find the Willapa Hills Cream Cheese Spread in the deli section. If you don’t live near a Fred Meyer you can of course use any cream cheese, flavored or not, for this. I just like the extra kick the honey chipotle flavor gave these bacon wrapped jalepeno poppers.
- 5 Jalapenos, sliced lengthwise with seeds and membrane removed
- 5 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 10 Tablespoons Honey Chipotle Flavored Cream Cheese (Or any other flavor of choice, I used Willapa Hills Brand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese (about 1 Tablespoon each, will vary depending on size of jalapeno)
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around each jalapeno half. Use a toothpick to secure bacon.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
I used a local cream cheese that might not be available nationwide. Feel free to use whatever brand or flavor that works for you.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram and facebook! I really love to see what you make and you may be featured in our weekly Reader Feature!
Disclaimer: I was sent a sampler pack from Willapa Hills Creamery to try their product however they did not sponsor this post. I partnered Fred Meyer for this recipe, however, my opinions, as always, are 100% my own. Integrity is important to me, and I only share brands and products that I think are awesome. Thank you for supporting Fox and Briar!