Creamy Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
Yield 4 servings
1/2 pound Private Selection Fettuccine (be sure to reserve pasta water for sauce)
4 ounces Private Selection Pancetta OR Bacon, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
red pepper flakes, 1/8 teaspoon or to taste
1 cup Simple Truth Frozen Peas
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
zest of one lemon
2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 Tablespoons flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Reserve one cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to brown, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the peas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir to coat the peas. Add the pasta, Parmesan cheese and some of the pasta water.
- Stir to mix and keep adding the pasta water a little at a time until the sauce is your desired consistency (you don't need to use all of the pasta water).
- Add the lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and stir in the mint and parsley.
- Serve right away, top with more Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
It's best to try to time your pasta so that it is finishing right about the time you will be adding it to the sauce. If the pasta sits out too long after cooking it can get overdone and clumpy.
Recipe by Fox and Briar at https://www.foxandbriar.com/creamy-pasta-pancetta-peas/