Shrimp Scampi with White Wine
Yield 4 servings
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 shallot, minced
3/4 cup white wine
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 lbs large shrimp, peeled
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in the pan.
- Add the shallots and cook until starting to soften, 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the wine, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 4 -5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and saute for 2-4 minutes, until pink and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve over pasta, rice, or with crusty bread.
Recipe by Fox and Briar at https://www.foxandbriar.com/shrimp-scampi-with-white-wine/