This quick Creamy Pasta with Pancetta and Peas only takes 15 minutes and is an easy and elegant dinner for any night of the week!
Thank you to QFC for sponsoring this post! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QFC . The opinions and text are all mine.
What should I cook tonight?
Ever have one of those days where you just can’t quite keep up?
You are bustling through your day, trying to make a dent in your never ending to do list, and then sometime in the afternoon you think “What am I making for dinner?” and then you realize you have no idea what you are having for dinner, and you have no groceries.
We’ve all been there, some of us are there often. Let me tell you how to solve this problem of “What should I have for dinner?” and “Help, I have no groceries!” all at once.
QFC just started a two-hour delivery service
Introducing, the QFC Delivery App. QFC is a local grocery store in the Pacific Northwest that I shop at often. I just discovered that you can order your groceries online and have them delivered to your doorstep in 2 hours or less! Seriously, this is a game changer.
How many times a week do you go to the store?
As a food blogger, I can’t tell you how many times a week I go to the grocery store. I would say at least four, on average. Despite that, I still have days where I realize I don’t know what I’m having for dinner and I don’t have any groceries! Being able to jump on the computer or QFC app and make an order without totally disrupting my day is a life saver.
order your groceries via the QFC Delivery app and spend the time you would have been at the store getting other items checked off your list
Let me tell you how easy this time saving delivery service is. If you are using a smartphone you can install the “QFC Delivery” app in the app store or by going to qfc.com/Delivery on your phone and following the instructions. If you are on your computer, just go to qfc.com/Delivery .
Here is how to make your first order.
- Open the qfc.com/delivery web site or open the QFC Delivery app on your phone. (You will need an account but it only takes a minute to create one.)
- Browse the selection and for anything you would normally buy at the store – fresh produce, meat, seafood, even beer and wine! Add the items you want to purchase to your cart.
- Complete your purchase.
And that’s it! As soon as you place your order you get a text that tells you your order has been placed. You will also get a few text updates to let you know when your shopper is at the store and when they are on the way to deliver your groceries. If they need to make any changes to your order because an item is out of stock, you will get a text with a link showing you what they replaced your item with. You can then approve or change the item in real time!
I’ve got the groceries figured out. What’s for dinner?
So, now you can go about your busy day knowing that your groceries will be delivered in time for dinner – but what are you going to make for dinner?
I have the answer for that too – make this Creamy Pasta with Pancetta and Peas. It is unbelievably fast and easy, but it is such a delicious and elegant meal at the same time. The peas and the mint make this feel like such a great Spring dinner recipe, and you will impress yourself by being able to deliver this to the dinner table, even on a busy night. Now you put your feet up and bask in your awesomeness while someone else does the dishes.
Creamy Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
Yield 4 servings
1/2 pound Private Selection Fettuccine (be sure to reserve pasta water for sauce)
4 ounces Private Selection Pancetta OR Bacon, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
red pepper flakes, 1/8 teaspoon or to taste
1 cup Simple Truth Frozen Peas
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan
zest of one lemon
2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
2 Tablespoons flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Reserve one cup of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until starting to brown, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the peas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and stir to coat the peas. Add the pasta, Parmesan cheese and some of the pasta water.
- Stir to mix and keep adding the pasta water a little at a time until the sauce is your desired consistency (you don't need to use all of the pasta water).
- Add the lemon zest, season with salt and pepper, and stir in the mint and parsley.
- Serve right away, top with more Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
It's best to try to time your pasta so that it is finishing right about the time you will be adding it to the sauce. If the pasta sits out too long after cooking it can get overdone and clumpy.
This is a sponsored post, written by me on behalf of QFC. Opinions, as always, are all my own! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Fox and Briar! For more information, see my disclosure policy.