This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious and tropical Coconut Shrimp Salad is topped with a fresh mango salsa and the most addictive peanut sauce dressing ever!
Generally speaking, I am not a salad person. I am not one of those people that says “This kale salad is SO GOOD”. Unless the salad is basically a transportation device to get delicious foods into my mouth. Like this Coconut Shrimp Salad with Peanut Dressing and Mango Salsa. I mean, the name says it all. Coconut Shrimp. Peanut Sauce Dressing. Mango Salsa. It’s packed full of sweet and tangy tropical flavors and it MIGHT make you rethink your opinions on salads.
I developed this Coconut Shrimp Salad back when I was working on my Best Ever Baked Coconut Shrimp recipe. As I mentioned in that post, I made the shrimp quite a few times, so I had a chance to get creative with them. These flavors just seemed made for each other. I love to dip my coconut shrimp into peanut sauce, so why not use it as a dressing for this salad?
I used the same recipe for peanut sauce that I used in my Ginger Peanut Lettuce Wraps – I just tend to add a little more water to this version to make it more of a dressing consistency. I also fell back on my old favorite shortcut hack – the bagged kale and cabbage slaw. I know I use it often but it really is a time saver! I used the Cruciferous Crunch from Trader Joe’s, but most grocery stores carry something similar in the bagged salad area – just look for a mix with kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli slaw. Or feel free to slice it up yourself! If you want to use other greens, that would be fine, just be sure to use hearty greens like kale or cabbage because they stand up to the peanut sauce dressing better than more delicate lettuce.
Coconut Shrimp Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing and Mango Salsa
For The Salad:
- 1 pound Baked Coconut Shrimp Follow Recipe HERE to make them
- 10 cups kale and cabbage slaw mix or chop your own
- Peanut Sauce Dressing see below
- Mango Salsa see below
For The Peanut Sauce Dressing:
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce to taste
- juice of half a lime about 1 tablespoon
- 2-3 garlic cloves pressed or grated
- 1- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root peeled and grated (1-2 Tablespoons worth)
- 2-4 tablespoons warm water
For The Mango Salsa:
- 1 mango diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Make Baked Coconut Shrimp (Recipe HERE)
- Whisk together peanut sauce dressing and toss half of it with the kale and cabbage slaw, reserve the other half for drizzling.
- Mix together ingredients for the mango salsa
- To assemble the salad, make a bed of the peanut kale and cabbage slaw, top with 4-6 of the coconut shrimp, then spoon the mango salsa over the salad. Drizzle with more peanut sauce dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.