These Ginger Peanut Lettuce Wraps are filled with colorful veggies, your protein of choice, and the most addictive peanut sauce ever!
I was going to call these peanut chicken lettuce wraps but while eating them I decided you could fill them with almost anything and it wouldn’t really matter. All that matters is the ginger peanut sauce. The colorful array of veggies adds a nice cool crunch, the fresh herbs add some great flavor, and you can add your protein of choice – chicken, shrimp, tofu, whatevs. But the peanut sauce is what matters. The peanut sauce is key. You might want to make a double batch. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
To be honest I was running late the day I made these so I picked up a rotisserie chicken to use as my protein, and it made these super easy. All I had to do was cut up some vegetables and whisk together the sauce. So if you go that route, this is a no cook meal that takes less than 20 minutes. Perfect for days that you need to get something delicious and healthy on the table in a short amount of time, and also perfect for hot days when you don’t want to turn on the oven. Those days are coming guys. Did you know it is supposed to be 80 degrees this week in Seattle? It is April. Who knows what summer will be like.
But if you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken you can grill some chicken, saute some shrimp, make some tofu using my best tofu recipe, or just stuff these full of veggies, drizzle on the sauce and call it good.
These quick and easy Ginger Peanut Lettuce Wraps are fresh and flavorful!
If you like this you may also like…
|Ginger Peanut Lettuce Wraps|| || |
- 2 heads of boston or butter lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onion, sliced
- 3 carrots, shredded
- ½ cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 lb protein of choice (chicken, tofu, shrimp)
- ginger peanut sauce (see below)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (to taste)
- Juice of half a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- 1- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated (1-2 Tablespoons worth)
- 2-4 tablespoons warm water
- Add all ingredients except the water to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Slowly add the water a little at a time until sauce reaches desired consistency (you may not need to use all of it).
- Separate lettuce leaves, keeping them intact. Chop all vegetables and prepare protein if using.
- To assemble wraps, fill with protein, veggies, a few leaves of the basil and mint, and top with peanut sauce.
**For gluten free, be sure to use gluten free soy sauce!
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram and facebook! I really love to see what you make and you may be featured in our weekly Reader Feature!