Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar just like Trader Joe’s, but you can make them at home! Only four ingredients and a few minutes is all it takes to make these healthy and delicious treats.
Chocolate. It’s a thing that I need in my life. Like, can not live without. Have you ever met someone who tells you they don’t like chocolate? What the heck? When I meet those people I want to say “Maybe you’ve just never had good chocolate? Or any chocolate? How is this possible?” But you know, to each their own. I guess.
One chocolate treat that I’m totally addicted to are the Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar from Trader Joe’s. Have you ever had them? If you have, you know what I’m talking about. Those things are irresistible. Rich, dark chocolate covering crunchy almonds, and the sea salt makes them sweet and salty – the perfect combination!
I’ve been wanting to try making them at home forever, and I finally got around to it. I don’t know what took me so long! It is SO easy, and they only need FOUR ingredients! So take heart, even if you are like my poor mom, who lives a three hour drive from the nearest Trader Joe’s, you too can enjoy these Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar.
I call this a “healthy” treat – I mean, almonds, dark chocolate, those are all healthy, right? But I still weigh out my portion to make sure I don’t scarf down the whole batch – a serious danger with these guys. But if you decided to just forgo the portioning, I won’t judge.
Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar
Yield 10 Servings
Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar just like Trader Joe's, but you can make them at home! Only four ingredients and a few minutes is all it takes to make these healthy and delicious treats.
3 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1 cup raw almonds
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Spread almonds on a baking sheet and toast for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Prepare a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring every 30 seconds until melted (should take 1 to 1 and a half minutes total). You can also melt the chocolate on a double broiler if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almonds, melted chocolate, sea salt and turbinado sugar. Stir together until fully combined.
- Pour the almonds onto the prepared baking sheet and use two forks to separate the almonds into individual pieces.
- Allow almonds to sit for several hours, until chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram and facebook! I really love to see what you make and you may be featured in our weekly Reader Feature!