This Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondie Skillet Sundae For Two is the perfect dessert to whip up when you want something sweet but don’t want to make a huge batch! A thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie baked in a mini skillet topped with ice cream and a rich chocolate sauce will cure any sweet tooth!
Why have I never tried small batch baking before? This is a game changer, guys. Loyal readers may have noticed that I don’t have very many baked goods on the blog. It’s not that I don’t enjoy baking, I do. Of course I go into a baking frenzy at Christmastime, and make all kinds of cookies. But with only me and Mr. Briar in the house, it always seems ridiculous to make a huge batch of cookies or some other dessert because chances are we will end up eating
all way too many of them and then cry the next time we get on the scale.
Note: This page may contain affiliate links
That was why I was SO EXCITED when I found out my friend Tracy from Baking Mischief was writing a cookbook full of small batch baking recipes, and even happier when she asked me to review the cookbook and share it with you. The cookbook is called Baking for Two: The Small-Batch Baking Cookbook for Sweet and Savory Treats and you can order it HERE! This book is perfect for singles, couples and small families that just don’t want or need to make huge batches of baked goods. Baking For Two is chock full of recipes for cookies, cakes, muffins, pies and tarts and even savory baked goods. The recipes are quick and easy to whip up and taste delicious. And to celebrate the release of Tracy’s cookbook, we are giving away a copy of it here! Scroll down to the bottom of the post to enter.
When I started looking through Baking for Two, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to make first. Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread? White Confetti Cupcakes with Whipped Vanilla Buttercream? Good old Chocolate Chip Cookies (but the recipe only makes six cookies!)? It was a difficult choice, but I finally settled on this Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondie Skillet Sundae because you know I can’t resist a mini skillet! And that warm chocolate chip cookie blondie covered in ice cream and rich fudge sauce? I couldn’t say no.
I loved that this was so fast to mix together and the batter was made in one bowl. So not only did it make a small batch, but the effort was minimal and there wasn’t much of a mess to clean up. How perfect is that?
You may also like…
|Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondie Skillet Sundae For Two|| |
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt ⅓ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 and ½ tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream, divided (I used half and half and it worked fine)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chopped semisweet chocolate ( I used chocolate chips)
- pinch salt
- 1 large scoop ice cream of choice (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, egg yolk, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the a six inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 17-21 minutes, until the top loses its shiny, undercooked look.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes, until skillet can be safely handled.
- In a 1 quart sauce pan over medium heat, combine the butter, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, the granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir until the butter is melted and the mixture begins to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the chocolate and salt. Whisk until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining ½ tablespoon of heavy cream, half a teaspoon at a time, until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- Put a large scoop of ice cream on top of the cookie blondie and pour warm fudge sauce ove
Recipe from Baking for Two: The Small-Batch Baking Cookbook for Sweet and Savory Treats by Tracy Yabiku, used with permission.
Use the widget below to get up to seven entries! Giveaway ends 11/28/2016.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!