These Crispy Truffle Roasted Chickpeas are an addictive snack that is high in protein and fiber. Great for an evening snack instead of popcorn.
Ohhhh noooo, I have discovered the ultimate addictive snack, you guys. I am a really big fan of popcorn in the evening, especially my most recent obsession – truffle popcorn. I have been trying to avoid eating too much popcorn lately, though, and that is when I discovered crispy oven roasted chickpeas. Have you ever tried them?
Chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans) are legumes that are high in protein and fiber. When roasted in the oven they become crispy and are perfect for snacking. Be careful because they are hard to stop eating – you might end up eating the whole pan!
Of course when I decided to make my crispy roasted chickpeas I had to fancy them up just a little by making them truffled chickpeas. Just a little truffle oil and truffle salt elevates this snack to the next level! Trust me, when I was taking the photos for this post I had to excercise some serious restraint to stop from popping them into my mouth one after another. Of course, all bets were off when I finished my photoshoot.
Crispy Truffle Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 can 15.5 ounces or 2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1/4 teaspoon truffle salt or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees
- After rinsing and draining the chickpeas, dry them well by spreading out on a paper towel, cover with another paper towel and gently roll them around to dry them, being careful not to squish them. They will get crispier if they are dry first.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet, pour the olive oil, truffle oil and truffle salt over chickpeas and toss to fully coat them in the oil and salt.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes. After about 10 minutes, shake the pan to turn the chickpeas so that they brown more evenly. Remove from oven when they are golden brown and crispy. After removing from oven, season with more truffle salt if desired (season to your personal taste).
- These are best served hot and fresh as they will not remain as crispy after cooling!
I am so stoked to try these – I need a new nighttime snack because I’ve been binging on yogurt every night! Which can be good for you but sometimes I need a little salty instead of sweet 😉
-Clarissa @ The View From Here
I hope you do try them Clarissa, they are such a great evening snack!
Ruby & Cake says
If you put a bowl of these in front of me all self control would be out the window. My mum used to make something simillar but they were super spicy. I love the idea of using truffle NOM
I have zero self control around these! Thanks Ruby!
Oven roasted chickpeas are always a good idea. I hardly make them anymore because of their addictive nature, but I MUST break my rule for these. I mean. Truffles, can’t say no.
I have eaten lots of roasted chickpeas just seasoned with salt and maybe a bit of chilli powder in India.. It is basically a street snack. But never thought of making them at home! Thanks for the recipe. Will surely try these. I am convinced though that they will disappear in no time.