These Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy, and full of peanut butter flavor! Read on to see how to make the best homemade peanut butter cookies!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
I was recently chatting with a former co-worker about peanut butter cookies. You see, we used to work together in a building in downtown Portland that had a cafe on the first floor with THE BEST peanut butter cookies. Almost every afternoon, someone would run downstairs for a peanut butter cookie pick me up. Rich, buttery, sweet and salty peanut butter goodness – it can make even the worst day better.
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
It’s always bothered me that I don’t have a go-to homemade peanut butter cookie recipe, so I decided to remedy that with this Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. I made these three or four times just to make sure I had them down. Yes, feel bad for me, I had to eat SO many peanut butter cookies. If you decide to make them, let me warn you – these cookies are addictive! And they are quick and easy – no chilling required for the peanut butter cookies!
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips and chopped peanuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake peanut butter cookies in a 325 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days.
More yummy cookie recipes!
- Soft And Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Double Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Glaze
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
These easy peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy, full of peanut butter flavor.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter about 8 ounces
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts salted peanuts, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt optional, for topping
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets, lining with silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
Cream together the butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
Turn off mixer, add flour mixture. Beat until fully combined.
Fold in peanut butter chips and peanuts.
Scoop dough in to balls about 2 tablespoons each ( I used a cookie scoop). Spaced evenly apart on the baking sheet, 12 cookies per sheet. Use a fork to create the hashtag pattern. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.