These Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are soft and chewy, and full of peanut butter flavor! Read on to see how to make the best homemade peanut butter cookies!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
I was recently chatting with a former co-worker about peanut butter cookies. You see, we used to work together in a building in downtown Portland that had a cafe on the first floor with THE BEST peanut butter cookies. Almost every afternoon, someone would run downstairs for a peanut butter cookie pick me up. Rich, buttery, sweet and salty peanut butter goodness – it can make even the worst day better.
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
It’s always bothered me that I don’t have a go-to homemade peanut butter cookie recipe, so I decided to remedy that with this Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. I made these three or four times just to make sure I had them down. Yes, feel bad for me, I had to eat SO many peanut butter cookies. If you decide to make them, let me warn you – these cookies are addictive! And they are quick and easy – no chilling required for the peanut butter cookies!
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips and chopped peanuts.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake peanut butter cookies in a 325 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to five days.
More yummy cookie recipes!
- Soft And Chewy Ginger Cookies
- Double Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies with Peanut Butter and Chocolate Glaze
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter about 8 ounces
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted peanuts salted peanuts, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt optional, for topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two baking sheets, lining with silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Cream together the butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Turn off mixer, add flour mixture. Beat until fully combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips and peanuts.
- Scoop dough in to balls about 2 tablespoons each ( I used a cookie scoop). Spaced evenly apart on the baking sheet, 12 cookies per sheet. Use a fork to create the hashtag pattern. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.