This easy Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is the best way to eat broccoli ever! You will never want to make it any other way!
Yes, we are talking about broccoli today. Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. But first, tell me, what do you think of the new blog design? Do you love it as much as I do? I hope you do, I’m so happy about it. MAJOR thanks to Melissa at Cooked Creative for creating this gorgeous design. Since this is my first time getting a custom design, I had no idea what I wanted or how to ask for it, and she was able to come up with the perfect design on the first try. If you are a blogger looking for a redesign, I highly recommend Melissa, she has been a dream to work with! And if you are not a blogger, take a look at the new recipe index! I’m still organizing some of my older recipes, but now it is SO much easier to search for recipes. You can search by season, occasion or ingredient.
For example, if you have a bunch of broccoli in the fridge right now, you can see all my broccoli recipes in one place. I like broccoli, what can I say. And as much as I like broccoli, I am surprised I haven’t yet shared my very favorite way to make it. Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli – first done by Ina Garten, made popular on pinterest by Adam Roberts of Ametuer Gourmet. If you were on Pinterest back in 2011, you probably remember the ubiquitous pin about the best broccoli of your life. I, among at least a million other people, pinned and made that broccoli. And it is still the way I make broccoli to this day.
In fact, if I occasionally try to change things up and prepare broccoli another way, my husband will wrinkle his nose in protest. At this point he firmly believes there is no other way to even bother making broccoli. Which is why I wanted to share it with you. Although there are now many iterations of the recipe online, I still meet people that have never roasted broccoli before, and we just can’t have that! If you’ve never roasted broccoli, you are missing out. Now, since I have been making this regularly for about 6 years, I have a few tips that will ensure your Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli is as heavenly as possible.
- Make sure your broccoli is as dry as possible before tossing in the oil – the texture will be much better and it will brown but better.
- I like to turn all of my broccoli with the flat side down – the parts touching the pan will caramelize really nicely.
- Be sure you slice the garlic and don’t mince it – if it is minced, it will burn.
- It may seem like lots of oil, but if you reduce the oil it will not brown as well.
- Be sure to use fresh grated Parmesan (not the canned stuff!) for best results.
Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1 ½ pounds broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut the broccoli into florets that are all similar in size. Place the florets and the sliced garlic on a baking sheet, drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes (to taste).
- Roast for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges of the broccoli are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle on 1 tablespoon olive oil, zest the lemon over the broccoli and add the parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.
- Serve with lemon slices for each person to squeeze a lemon wedge over their broccoli to taste.