These cute Mini Pizza Dip Cups are cheesy and delicious! Perfect for your next party, game day or tailgate!
You guys. These Mini Pizza Dip Cups are ridiculous. Really, that is the only way to describe them. I mean, first you have pizza dip, which in itself is mind-blowing. It’s like pizza, but it’s a dip!! What!?! But then you take some wonton wrappers and bake them so they get crispy, then you fill them with creamy, cheesy pizza dip, then you bake them some more so that they get all gooey. I mean. Ridiculous. Right?
So this is a special day because not only are we talking about mini pizza dip cups, but it is also the one year blogiversary for Fox and Briar! I fully intended to make something sweet and celebratory to mark the occasion, but then I made these mini pizza dip cups and I seriously couldn’t wait to share them with you. And these are pretty celebratory in themselves. I want to thank you for reading this blog, whether it is your first time or you have been with me since the beginning. I can’t tell you how much it means to me every time someone reads, comments on or shares a post from my blog. This blog is a piece of me, and I can’t thank you enough for being a part of it.
Alright, lets move on from that cheesiness to another form of cheesiness. More specifically, three kinds of cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni all wrapped up in a crispy wonton shell. Wonton wrappers are great for so many appetizers. I used regular sized muffin tins, so I used two wonton wrappers per cup, overlapping the corners so that all the edges are covered. We par bake the shells so that they can get crispy. Then we mix up some cream cheese with herbs and spices, top it with mozzarella and parmesan, and some pizza sauce. I used my all-purpose Easy 20 Minute Marinara, which is a snap to make. But you can use your favorite marinara or pizza sauce.
I really wanted to use mini pepperoni but I couldn’t find them at my store. So I improvised and I cut out my own mini pepperoni using the back of a frosting tip. Fussy? Maybe, but super adorable. If you can find mini pepperoni, use those! If you can’t find minis and you can’t be bothered to cut regular sized pepperoni into minis, you can just dice them into smaller pieces. But to be honest, cutting them into smaller circles really wasn’t hard or very time-consuming.
These Mini Pizza Dip Cups are going to be a hit at your next party. Having people over to watch football? Mini Pizza Dip Cups. Birthday Party? Mini Pizza Dip Cups. Game night? Mini Pizza Dip Cups. Tuesday? Mini Pizza Dip Cups. You get the idea.
Thanks to my favorite grocery store, Fred Meyer, for sponsoring this post!
You May Also Like…
|Mini Pizza Dip Cups|| |
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounce brick cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Easy Marinara (or your favorite marinara/pizza sauce)
- 36 mini pepperoni or 18 regular pepperoni that have been cut into smaller pieces (I used turkey pepperoni)*
- 3 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- cooking spray or oil for brushing
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or brush with oil. Press wonton wrappers into the cups, overlapping the corners so that the edges of each tin is covered. Spray the wontons with cooking spray or brush with a little oil. Bake for 5-6 minutes, until starting to get crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes until combined.
- Remove wontons from oven, evenly divide the cream cheese mixture between the 12 wontons. Top cream cheese with a pinch of parmesan, then about 1 tablespoon of shredded mozzarella. Top with about 1 tablespoon of marinara, then another pinch of parmesan, another tablespoon of mozzarella. Top with a few slices of pepperoni. Repeat until all muffin tins are filled.
- Return muffin tin to oven and bake for about 15 more minutes, or until wontons are golden and crispy and cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve while hot and fresh!
If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram and facebook! I really love to see what you make and you may be featured in our weekly Reader Feature!
Disclaimer: I partnered Fred Meyer for this recipe, however, my opinions, as always, are 100% my own. Integrity is important to me, and I only share brands and products that I think are awesome. Thank you for supporting Fox and Briar!