How to make the best Thai Peanut Sauce ever! This Peanut Sauce Recipe can be used as a dipping sauce, salad dressing, for peanut noodles or with chicken satay.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
Hello friends! Today I am sharing a recipe that I spent years perfecting. This is my recipe for the Best Thai Peanut Sauce Ever. I use this recipe as a peanut dipping sauce, as a dressing for salads, to make peanut noodles and anything else I think needs a punch of flavor from peanut sauce.
How do you make Thai Peanut Sauce?
This recipe for Thai Peanut Sauce uses everyday ingredients that are easy to find at the grocery store. Although many Thai peanut sauce recipes use coconut milk, this peanut sauce recipe does not. All you need to do is whisk together peanut butter with soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and water. This is a simple, no cook peanut sauce!
A few notes about this recipe:
- You can make this spicy peanut sauce by using more chili garlic sauce. You can sub sriracha if you have it on hand, but I prefer the flavor of chili garlic sauce.
- You can use honey instead of brown sugar, however I find that the flavor of the peanut sauce is better with brown sugar.
- Use more water to thin the sauce and use as a peanut sauce dressing for salad.
- What can you dip in this peanut sauce? Spring rolls, lettuce wraps, veggies, chicken, coconut shrimp, tofu. You can use this peanut dipping sauce for just about anything!
Best Ever Thai Peanut Sauce RecipePrint Pin Rate
- Combine all ingredients except water. Whisk to fully combine.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. I normally use two tablespoons for a sauce and up to four if using it for a dressing.