This post has been sponsored by Nespresso. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Winter Spice Latte has all the flavors of winter in one comforting cup. Orange and winter spices, rich espresso, and steamed milk combine to make a warming drink to enjoy on cold days.
We can’t dispute the fact that the days are getting colder around here. Lately, we have been waking very early in the morning, often before the sun even rises – yes, that’s life with a new baby! I have to admit, even though I hate to see the days get shorter and colder, there is nothing like a cozy morning in front of the fireplace with a warm cup of coffee. Fuzzy slippers optional but recommended!
When Nespresso reached out to me about collaborating on a winter drink, I started thinking about all the kinds of flavors I like to enjoy during the winter. One that sprung to mind was oranges and clove. There is something so comforting about those flavors. When I made this Winter Spice Syrup, the brown sugar, clove, orange, cinnamon and nutmeg simmering on the stove filled my home with the scent of the holidays.
Making this drink with the Nespresso VertuoPlus is so simple, and you know every cup will come out perfect. It is also great for making coffee for just one person or a whole group – especially if everyone wants their coffee a little different.
Nespresso also sent me one of their Aeroccino milk frothers and I have to say, this is my new favorite kitchen appliance. All you do is add milk, turn it on and it makes steamed milk with lots of foam in about a minute. It also makes cold foam! It has become one of my favorite parts of my morning coffee ritual.
Winter Spice LattePrint Pin Rate
- 8 ounces strong coffee (I used Nespresso Stormio)
- 1/4 cup steamed milk
- 1 ounce Winter Spice Syrup see recipe below
Winter Spice Syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- zest of one orange
- To make the Winter Spice Syrup, combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to sit for twenty minutes to allow the flavors infuse. Strain out solids and store in the refrigerator.
- To make the Winter Spice Latte, add one ounce of winter spice syrup to a mug. Brew one cup of nespresso into mug (I like the Stormio for this drink).
- Top with steamed milk (I used the Nespresso Aeroccino to make perfect foamed milk). Garnish with grated nutmeg if desired.