This Cranberry Orange Sangria Recipe is the perfect cocktail for Thanksgiving or Christmas parties! Easy to mix together, and you can make it ahead of time, this festive sangria will be a hit!
Hello! Are you ready for Thanksgiving yet? Don’t even ask me if I am. You still have time to get your Thanksgiving meal plan together, and I have the perfect last minute Thanksgiving cocktail for you. Cranberry Orange Sangria!
What makes this Cranberry Orange Sangria the best Thanksgiving cocktail?
- It can (and should) be made ahead of time.
- It makes a big batch so you don’t have to worry about mixing individual drinks for people (who has time for that??)
- It’s festive! Cranberries, oranges and some rosemary springs make this a winter sangria that will get you and your guests in the holiday spirit.
- It will make your wine stretch further ( I can’t be the only one who has run out of wine on Thanksgiving??)
What are the ingredients for sangria?
Sangria is traditionally made with red wine and fruit. For this Cranberry Orange Sangria, we are using white wine, cranberry juice, orange liqueur, orange and apple slices, whole cranberries and rosemary sprigs. I used white wine just because I prefer it, but red wine would work as well. Sugar is often added to sangria. I didn’t think it was necessary but if you prefer a sweeter drink you can add sugar or simple syrup.
What kind of wine is best for sangria?
For a red sangria, a dry, fruity red wine is best. Keep it traditional by using a Spanish Grenache or Tempranillo, or you can go with a Zinfandel. For a white sangria, I like to use a light, fruity Pinto Grigio, or a Spanish Albarino.
How do you make sangria?
Sangria is easy to make. The most important part is the resting period. Mix together the wine, alcohol, and juice being added, and the fruit. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least four hours, or even better, overnight. Add ice and additional garnishes just before serving.
Cranberry Orange Sangria
- 1 orange halved and thinly sliced
- 1 apple halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary optional
- 32 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine such as pinot grigio
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier
- cup simple syrup (optional)
Additional Garnishes (Optional)
- apples thinly sliced
- oranges thinly sliced
- sprigs of rosemary
- Combine all Ingredients in a pitcher a refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Serve over ice, garnish with additional fruit and rosemary if desired