This Creamy Parmesan Basil Chicken Recipe is a quick chicken breast recipe that tastes like it came from a restaurant! This one pan chicken dish is easy to make for a weeknight dinner, and is full of so much flavor!
What are you making for dinner? If you want to know what you should make with chicken breasts, I have the answer. This Creamy Parmesan Basil Chicken! Ever since I shared my Creamy Parmesan Basil Shrimp, you guys have been going crazy for it! But sometimes you just need a tasty chicken recipe, so I decided to adapt it to a chicken recipe. No more dry boring chicken breasts here – this recipe is a flavor explosion!
How to make chicken breasts tender
This is a technique I used in my Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe. I found that by slicing the chicken breast in half lengthwise (like a book), and then pounding them to an even thickness, it makes the chicken breast so much more tender, and tastes better. The easiest way to do this is to use a zip top bag. After slicing the chicken breasts in half, place them in a zip top bag and seal it. Use a rolling pin to slightly pound them until they are an even thickness.
The other key to tasty chicken breasts is to SEASON your chicken with salt and pepper before cooking. This makes a huge difference!
This is a simple chicken recipe, all made in one pan. First we sear the chicken on both sides, then make the sauce for the chicken. Add the chicken breasts back to the pan, and dinner is ready! This creamy chicken is great served over pasta, but if you want to keep it low carb, we LOVED this served with roasted cauliflower!
Creamy Parmesan Basil Chicken Recipe
- 1 pounds chicken breast 2 large breasts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 yellow onion finely minced
- 3-4 ounces roasted red peppers thinly sliced.
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves plus more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cut breasts in half lengthwise, pound to even thickness
- In a large non stick pan on medium-medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then sear, 4-5 minutes on each side, until just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 tablespoons butter. Add onion, garlic, peppers, paprika, red chili pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Saute for about five minutes, until onions and peppers are softened.
- Add wine to deglaze the skillet and bring to a gentle simmer until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream to the skillet and stir until a creamy sauce forms. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Parmesan, stir until melted into sauce. Stir in basil, simmer until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, allow to warm up if needed. Serve.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @foxandbriar and use the hashtag #foxandbriar so I can see it!