Green Bean and Ground Beef Stir fry is an easy ground beef recipe perfect for busy weeknights. Serve over rice for a quick weeknight meal packed with flavor!
Easy Ground Beef Recipe
Most of us struggle with the question “What can I make for dinner tonight?” Well, if you have a pound of ground beef, I have the perfect recipe for you. Green Bean and Ground Beef Stir Fry. I usually don’t think of ground beef as being an ingredient for stir fries, but it actually makes a very quick and convenient protein to use in this easy stir fry recipe.
How to make a ground beef stir fry
For this recipe we make a quick sauce that is more flavorful than any store bought stir fry sauce – then pour it over the ground beef and let it marinate for about 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe. I usually like to make some rice to serve with this. Then trim and cut your green beans.
You will quickly saute the green beans so that they get browned and blistered – that gives them great flavor and texture. Then remove from the pan and add the ground beef. When the ground beef is cooked, add the green beans back to the pan and stir to combine. Allow to cook until most of the excess moisture cooks off – that will concentrate the flavors.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 oz green beans trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp canola oil or other neutral oil with high smoke point
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place raw ground beef in a medium sized bowl, pour marinade over beef, stir to fully combine. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil. Cook the green beans, stirring often, until starting to blister, 3-4 minutes. Add in ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, cook 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Remove from pan and reserve on a plate.
- Add beef, cook until browned.
- Add green beans back to the pan, stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.