These Korean Ground Beef bowls are an easy and quick ground beef recipe, perfect for weeknight dinners! The flavors of beef bulgogi made easy using ground beef!
I’m back again with an easy weeknight dinner! This time I wanted to make an easy ground beef recipe, since almost everyone has a package of ground beef in their freezer and thinks: “What can I make for dinner with ground beef?”
Well, I have a quick and easy ground beef recipe that you will love: Korean Ground Beef Bowls. Your family will love these rice bowls and you will love how easy they are to make.
What is a Korean Ground Beef Bowl?
The idea around these Korean beef bowls is that you take the flavors of Korean beef bulgogi but take a shortcut and use ground beef. It ends up being a delicious dinner that takes about 20 minutes to make.
To make this Korean Beef Bowl, I started with an easy ground beef stir fry – just brown the beef and add the sauce. I served the Korean beef over white rice and topped it with a sunny side up egg. A garnish of sesame seeds and sliced green onions is optional, but makes it pretty.
Other than being fast, easy and delicious, another thing I love about this recipe is that it has ingredients you probably already have on hand, and are actually pretty inexpensive. Ground beef and rice recipes are classic for a reason! Would you like to see more ground beef recipes on the blog? Leave me a comment and let me know!
More Ground Beef Recipes to try:
More Asian style recipes to try
Korean Ground Beef Bowl
For Korean Beef Bowls
- 1 and 1/2 lbs Ground beef
- 3 green onions sliced, green and white parts separated
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 and ½ cups cooked rice
- Sesame seeds optional, for garnish
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients, set aside
- Place a large pan over medium high heat on the stove. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking the meat up as it cooks until done, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and bring to a simmer. Stir in the white parts of the green onions, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the eggs.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the butter. Once butter is melted, crack the eggs into the pan, being careful not to break the yolk. Reduce heat to low. Fry until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, 4-5 minutes.
- To make the korean beef bowl: Add rice to a bowl, top with korean ground beef, then a fried egg.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Did you like this recipe? Please comment, rate and share! And don’t forget to tag me on instagram @foxandbriar AND #foxandbriar so I can see what you made!