This Instant Pot Chicken Ramen makes a delicious and flavorful ramen in about half an hour in your electric pressure cooker!
Who got an Instant Pot for Christmas? I actually have had mine for a few months, but I am always looking for Instant Pot recipes. Recently I decided to convert my popular Easy Chicken Ramen recipe to the Instant pot. Using your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure cooker makes the ramen hands off and super simple.
There is nothing better than a rich, warming broth on a cold day, and this Instant Pot Chicken Ramen does the trick. I like to load up my bowl with all the toppings – the green onions are especially nice, and the cut the rich broth with their slightly sharp flavor.
Do you enjoy Instant Pot recipes? Let me know if you want to see more! In the meantime, check out my Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken!
Instant Pot Easy Chicken Ramen
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- ½ - ¾ pounds baby bok choy both white and green parts diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1-2 packages fresh yakisoba noodles* one package is about 7 ounces. Use two packages if you like lots of noodles. Fresh noodles are usually found in the produce section of the grocery store
To Prepare The Noodles:
If Using Fresh Noodles:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add the noodles and simmer for 3 minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water. Toss with just a little oil if necessary to keep them from sticking (mine already had a little oil on them, so I didn't need to). Set aside.
- (If using another type of noodle, follow package instructions)
To Prepare Soup:
- Add all ingredients except for noodles and bok choy to instant pot. Set to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure. After cooking, use the quick release to release pressure. Open pot and stir in bok choy. Allow bok choy to cook in the hot soup for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Add it back to the broth and serve.
To Serve The Ramen:
- In a bowl, place a serving of noodles, then pour the soup over them. Top soup with ramen egg, sliced green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds if desired.