This Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is so fast and easy! This sweet and savory Honey Sesame Chicken is a snap to make in your electric pressure cooker!
You guuuysss! I got an Instant Pot! Which for the last year I have been calling an “Insta Pot” 🤦. For the uninitiated, the Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker. Anyone who has always been afraid to use a pressure cooker (AKA, me), should rejoice that the Instant Pot will allow us the convenience of pressure cooking without any of the scary “will it explode” fears. I found a great deal back on Amazon Prime day and now the very first recipe I am bringing you is this super easy and delicious Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
Reasons I love my Instant Pot:
- Cooks meat in record time – even frozen meat! And the meat turns out amazingly tender, as if you had cooked it all day in the oven or slow cooker (even better than the slow cooker in my opinion).
- Cooks rice in 3 minutes!!! (It takes a few more minutes to come to pressure and release pressure, but it is still faster than stovetop).
- It has a saute function – which we use in this recipe. So unlike the slow cooker, you can do multiple steps all in one pot.
- You can make yogurt in it! I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s on my list.
- It even has a slow cooker option, so it can even replace your slow cooker and do so many more things.
OK, I realize I sound like an Instant Pot salesperson, but this post is not sponsored in any way. I just am so amazed by this appliance and I want you all to run out and buy one! Click HERE to see the one I have (affiliate link).
This Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is so full of flavor and easy to make. You just whisk together the sauce ingredients and throw it all in the Instant Pot. It only cooks for 10 minutes, and after the pressure releases we switch to the saute function, add some cornstarch and thicken the sauce. I love this function because you don’t have to transfer everything to a different pot. So fast, so easy, so delicious! What do you want me to make next with the Instant Pot?
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce EXCEPT the cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over chicken in the instant pot, turn the chicken to coat completely in the sauce.
- Set the instant pot to manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. Be sure the steam vent is set to sealing.
- Allow the instant pot to come to pressure and then cook for 10 minutes. When it is finished cooking, allow to to naturally release (this will take 10-20 minutes. If you are in a hurry, allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes before using the quick release).
- When you can open the pot, remove the chicken carefully (it will be very tender and be falling apart). Spoon about 1/4 cup of the juices into a jar and add the tablespoon of cornstarch. Seal the jar and shake to make a slurry (do this very carefully if the liquid is hot - it builds up pressure and will spray! Alternately you can whisk it together in a small bowl).
- Pour the cornstarch mixture back into the pot with the rest of the cooking liquid. Switch the instant pot to saute mode. Carefully add the chicken back into the pot.
- Allow the sauce to cook and thicken, stirring often, for 10-15 minutes. Be sure to stir often as the sauce will be more likely to burn as it thickens. When sauce has reached desired consistency, turn off the instant pot.
- Serve right away over rice, in lettuce wraps or on a salad!