This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is truly one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. Simply throw the three ingredients into the instant pot and end up with super flavorful shredded chicken perfect for tacos, burrito bowls and more.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
I’ve always been a fan of simple and easy recipes. But now that I have two young kids, I have found my definition of “easy recipe” changing. How can I get dinner on the table with as little time and effort as possible? The dinner and bedtime hours leave little time for anything else, so dinner can’t be a big production. That’s why I love this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken. It might be one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made.
Truly easy and with no prep, you literally put everything in the Instant Pot, turn it on and that’s it. I was skeptical, but this leads to tender and flavorful shredded chicken that is great in tacos, burrito bowls, quesadillas, salads – basically wherever you want to add some chicken.
What Ingredients are used for Instant Pot Salsa Chicken?
You just need 3 ingredients for this recipe:
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 container of fresh restaurant style salsa
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (or one packet)
Do I need to add extra liquid to the instant pot?
I did not add any extra liquid to the instant pot. The salsa was enough liquid for the instant pot to come to pressure. There was also plenty of liquid left over after cooking. I do use the fresh restaurant style salsa in this recipe, not the thicker jarred kind.
What to make with Salsa Chicken?
I love to use these for an easy taco night – just add some slaw, avocado and tortillas and you are set. I often also make burrito bowls like I did with these Mexican Shredded Beef Burrito Bowls. You can add this chicken to a quesadilla for extra protein, or even use it for a chicken taco salad. It’s an easy and versatile base for so many recipes!
More recipes you will love
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 14 ounces restaurant style salsa 1 container
- 3 tablespoons Taco Seasoning homemade or 1 packet of store bought seasoning
- Add chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning to instant pot. Use tongs to turn chicken in salsa so that it is coated.
- Put on lid and lock. Be sure vent knob is turned to sealing. Set instant pot to manual, high pressure, for 16 minutes.
- After cooking has finished, allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes while pressure manually releases. After 10 minutes, you can release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken from the instant pot and shred with two forks. When shredded, add back to the pot to coat it in the sauce. Remove chicken from pot, allowing some sauce to drain off. Use chicken for tacos, burrito bowls and more!
Leave a Reply