This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These easy, four ingredient, no bake peppermint Oreo truffles are full of peppermint and chocolate and are perfect to bring to your next Christmas cookie exchange!
I cannot believe that Christmas is almost here! As I’ve mentioned before, I love baking Christmas cookies, especially these soft and chewy ginger cookies, or these cranberry pecan shortbread cookies. but what about an easy, no bake Christmas cookie recipe?
That is where these Peppermint Oreo Truffles come in! They are SO EASY, only use four ingredients, and are dreamy and delicious! Seriously, we could NOT stop eating these. If you are looking for an easy Christmas cookie recipe this is it! Is a truffle a cookie? I guess not, but I think these definitely can stand in for a cookie at any holiday party.
I don’t know why I have never made Oreo truffles before? I had no idea how delicious and EASY they were. I am actually in love with Trader Joe’s Peppermint Joe Joe’s (their version of an Oreo). So I used those for one batch of these Oreo balls. But I also tried them with regular Oreos, and they work just as well! Use what you prefer.
How to make Oreo Truffles
- In a food processor, pulse the oreo cookies until they are finely crushed. Cut the cream cheese into 8 pieces and add to the food processor, along with peppermint extract if making peppermint Oreo balls. Pulse until cream cheese is blended in. Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer and allow to harden for at least one hour. If the oreo balls are not chilled until very firm, they will break apart when you dip them into chocolate.
- When ready to dip, melt the chocolate. This can be done in a double broiler or in the microwave. The important thing is not to overheat the chocolate. If using the microwave, heat in 15 second increments, stirring each time in between. Stop when just melted and do not overheat.
- Dip each oreo ball into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet and immediately sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top. When all oreo truffles are finished, allow to chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Can I make Oreo Truffles if I do not have a food processor?
Yes. Place the oreos in a gallon sized freezer bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed. Mix with the cream cheese by hand or using a stand mixer.
I was surprised the other day when I asked on Instagram who loved peppermint and chocolate together and 14% of you said you didn’t like it!?! WHAT? Peppermint and chocolate are THE BEST. I guess that’s why I made this Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate last year and I am obsessed with peppermint mochas this time of year. I’m just always trying to get more peppermint chocolate treats in my life!
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
- 16 ounces Peppermint Oreo Cookies one package, or use regular oreos if you can't find peppermint
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces dark chocolate high quality, I used Ghirardelli melting wafers
- 4 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place oreos in a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint extract and pulse until mixed.
- Roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Freeze balls for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate. You can either melt it over a double broiler or in the microwave. If using the microwave, melt it in 15 second increments, stirring each time in between. It is important not to overheat the chocolate, Stop heating when it is just melted.
- When oreo balls are chilled, dip them one at a time into the chocolate. Immediately sprinkle with the crushed peppermint before moving on to the next oreo ball.
- When done, chill for at least 10 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.