This easy One Pot Pasta Bake with Sausage and Wine only uses one pan – you don’t even need to boil the noodles! It only takes about ten minutes to prep, then bake it in the oven while you do something else! You won’t believe how easy it is to make this delicious, cheesy pasta dinner!
This is a sponsored post, writen by me on behalf of Fred Meyer for the #TasteofItaly. Opinions, as always, are all my own! Thank you for supporting the brands that support Fox and Briar! For more information, see my disclosure policy.
You guys, I have to tell you. This One Pot Pasta Bake with Sausage and Wine is life changing. I mean, don’t let me oversell it. But, you basically just throw everything in the pot – even the uncooked pasta – and bake it. What you end up with is a delicious, rich, meaty, cheesy pasta dish that tastes like you stood over it all day, only you didn’t!
To be honest, I was skeptical about this. The fact that you don’t boil the pasta beforehand seemed odd to me. But it works, it really does!
I was so excited when Fred Meyer asked me to come up with a recipe for their upcoming Taste of Italy event. You may remember I worked with them back in March for their similar event, Taste of Spain. From September 11th-24th, they will be featuring an array of imported Italian products in stores. I got to test out a few of the products ahead of time, and I have to tell you, I am beyond excited for everything to be available in stores! I am doing a series of recipes, this is the first one, and I will be bringing another recipe to you later this week!
I’m always looking for easy but delicious dinner recipes. I can’t be the only one, right? I love this One Pot Pasta Bake with Sausage and Wine because it is hearty and satisfying, perfect for the coming cooler weather. The wine adds a nice depth of flavor to the sauce. But baked pasta dishes are sometimes more work than you expect. First boil the pasta, drain it, make the sauce, then pour everything into yet another dish to make it in… The amount of dirty dishes alone are enough to make you want to throw in the towel and order a pizza! This one is all made in one skillet or pot, and takes 10 minutes of hands-on time to prepare! It does need to bake for about 50 minutes, but while it bakes you can do something else with your time. Pour yourself a glass of wine and turn on your Italian Dinner Party playlist while the oven does the work for you.
I hope you enjoy this One Pot Pasta Bake with Sausage and Wine as much as I did. Now what are you going to do with the extra time you have on your hands?
You may also like…
One Pot Pasta Bake with Sausage and Wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces ground hot Italian sausage
- 24 ounces marinara sauce I used Orti D'Italia
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- fresh herbs for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- In an oven proof skillet or pot that has a lid, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt* and pepper to taste, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the marinara sauce, dried pasta, water, wine and parmesan, stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and place pan in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cover the pasta with the mozzarella cheese, and return to the oven uncovered. Bake for 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- If you want the cheese to get a bit browned, place under the broiler for 1-3 minutes, watching carefully.