This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Roasted Veggie Burrito Bowls with Vegan Queso are an easy, healthy and satisfying plant based dinner.
I’m not vegan, but recently I have been trying to make an effort to fit one or two plant based meals into the rotation each week. In addition to that, one member of our family has a dairy allergy, so I am always looking for dairy-free dinner ideas. One of my go-to easy meatless dinners recently has become this Roasted Veggie Burrito Bowl with Vegan Queso.
Why we love these Veggie Burrito Bowls
- Gluten Free
- Packed with fiber and protein
- Quick – it takes less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients for roasted veggie burrito bowls
These are the ingredients I used – feel free to change things up and swap in different veggies based on what you have on hand and what you like!
- brown rice
- black beans
- sweet potato
- red bell pepper
- vegan queso
I was missing the cheese or some other kind of sauce on these, so after some searching I came up with this vegan queso. It might not taste exactly like cheese, but it is savory and delicious and really adds a new dimension of flavor to these veggie burrito bowls. This recipe is quick and easy, no need to soak the cashews overnight.
Ingredients for vegan queso
- raw cashews – makes this sauce creamy.
- water – thins out the sauce.
- canned roasted green chilis – brings the flavor and mild heat.
- nutritional yeast – this is a secret vegan ingredient that adds a savory and umami flavor.
- distilled vinegar – gives this just a little tang – so good!
- garlic clove, spices and salt – more important flavor!
How to make vegan queso
To make Vegan Queso, simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. That’s it! You can do this while the vegetables are roasting. It makes about 1.5 cups, so you might even have some leftover.
More Plant Based Recipes You will Love
Roasted Veggie Burrito Bowls with Vegan Queso
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange sweet potato, onion and bell pepper on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Toss to coat. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until sweet potatos are tender.
- Warm beans in a small pan over low heat.
For the Vegan Queso
- Combine everything in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
For the Veggie Burrito Bowls
- For one serving add rice, beans, roasted vegetables, and sliced avocado to a bowl. Top with salsa and vegan queso. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.