This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Easy Zucchini Fritters are a great way to use up extra zucchini and find a creative way to eat your vegetables! Crispy golden zucchini fritters will make even picky eaters happy!
Now that I have started a garden, I am looking for new ways to use zucchini in the kitchen. Although there are a million ways to use zucchini, I love these cheesy, crispy zucchini fritters for summer meal. I have a few zucchini recipes already, like this Mushroom Zucchini Lasagna or these Zoodles with Asparagus and Prosciutto. But fritters are such a delicious and easy way to cook zucchini that I wanted to give it a try, and I’m so glad I did!
How to make the best zucchini fritters
- Make sure you get as much moisture out of your zucchini! This will help make your zucchini fritters crispy and not soggy. Tossing the grated zucchini in some salt and letting it sit will draw the moisture out. Then you can squeeze out the excess liquid. You can wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel, cheese cloth or even some paper towels to do this.
- Make sure your oil is very hot before placing the zucchini fritters in the pan to cook. If the oil is not hot enough, they will absorb the oil and get soggy instead of golden and crispy.
What to serve with zucchini fritters?
Zucchini fritters make a great snack or appetizer. I served them with garlic yogurt sauce – just stir a little grated garlic and some salt into plain yogurt.
Serve them for breakfast or brunch with bacon and eggs. Or serve them as a side dish to grilled chicken, fish or lamb!
More Zucchini Recipes
- 1 lb zucchini grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP olive oil divided
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Sprinkle salt on zucchini and toss to coat. Place in a colander to drain for at least 10 minutes.
- Wrap zucchini in a clean kitchen towel, squeeze to get as much liquid out as possible. Discard liquid.
- Add zucchini to a bowl, add flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to fully mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil. Make sure oil is hot before cooking zucchini fritters.
- Shape zucchini batter into patties about 2 tablespoons in size, place into the hot skillet and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Wipe out skillet, add second tablespoon of oil and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.