This quick and easy Beef Noodle Stir Fry takes under 30 minutes and is easily made gluten free! Full of veggies, beef and a flavorful sauce, your whole family will love it!
Hello my friends! Can you believe it is almost October? Whew, this month flew by! As sad as I am to see summer go, I have to admit I love fall just as much. We are in the perfect stage of early fall where the sky is still blue (most of the time), the trees are turning all sorts of gorgeous shades of red and gold, and the days aren’t too short yet. I am not looking forward to winter, but this I can deal with. Is it Autumn in your neck of the woods?
Of course fall brings us back to reality, and we need some quick and delicious weeknight meals to warm us up after a long day at school or work. I mentioned before that I am working on bringing more quick weeknight dinners to the blog – both because I know you like them and to be honest, I need them in my life too! So here is a Beef Noodle Stir Fry that I created pretty much out of necessity and turned into a family favorite. After I made the Slow Cooker Beef Pho I had some leftover rice noodles and thinly sliced steak that never made it into the soup. I needed to come up with something for dinner and I didn’t want to go to the store. So Beef Noodle Stir Fry was born!
I was so happy with how this recipe turned out. Having the rice noodles prepared and beef sliced ahead of time was a time saver – I find that slicing veggies and meat is one of the things that slows me down in the kitchen. So if you are the kind of person who does meal prep – first of all, I admire you and I wish I was as on top of things as you are. But also, if you have everything sliced and diced, and the rice noodles already soaked and drained, the actual cooking time of this beef noodle stir fry is about 15 minutes. Delicious dinner on the table in 15 minutes? Not too shabby. Oh, and did I mention it is also very easily gluten-free? Just swap out the soy sauce for low sodium tamari.
For this recipe I used (affiliate links)…
You may also like…
Beef Noodle Stir Fry
- 1 pound top sirloin steak sliced thinly against the grain
- 8 ounces rice noodles prepared for stir fry according to package instructions*
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 carrots sliced into matchsticks
- 8 ounces broccolini sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- sliced green onion for garnish, optional
For The Sauce:
- Soak rice noodles if needed.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce, set aside.
- In a very large high sided pan** or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat***. When hot, add the beef and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through (don't overcook, as we will be returning it to the pan later). Remove from pan and drain off any excess liquid, wipe or rinse pan if needed.
- Return pan to heat and allow any excess moisture to evaporate. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to pan. When hot, add onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add carrots and broccoli, cook for another 2 minutes.
- When vegetables are crisp tender and broccoli is bright green, add the sauce and noodles. stirring to mix and coat everything in the sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until sauce has thickened and noodles have slightly softened.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion if desired and serve
** I used a 3 quart, high sided pan and it was very full - a larger pan would be even better, or a wok if you have one.
***Stir fries work best in a very hot pan, however please remember that all equipment is different. Use your best judgment and adjust the heat as needed. ***Make ahead*** To save time, you can slice the vegetables and meat ahead of time, and store in the fridge. You can also soak the rice noodles according to package instructions, drain, and store in the fridge the day before cooking.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. This doesn’t impact the price you pay at all and helps me keep the lights on around here! For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!