This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These easy and healthy Peanut Sauce Chicken and Broccoli Bowl only take about 20 minutes to make, and is a dinner the whole family will love! Serve with rice or cauliflower rice for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner!
Happy Weekend guys! Before we get to these Peanut Sauce Chicken and Broccoli Bowls, let me tell you what I’m doing right now. I’m listening to the “Stranger Things” playlist on Spotify because as of last night I am officially obsessed with the show. Have you started/finished it yet? If you don’t know about Stranger Things, it is a Netflix Original Show that the internet is currently obsessed with. My husband referred to it as “Millennial Bait” because it takes place in 1983 and is heavy with 80’s nostalgia – which thrills both those of us that grew up watching 80’s movies and those who weren’t even born in the 80’s but are obsessed with all things “vintage”. Which, ugh, does it bother anyone else that the 1980’s are now considered vintage? ANYWAY. If you haven’t watched it yet, do! If you have – let me know what you think! But no spoilers please, we haven’t finished it yet. We showed remarkable restraint and did NOT watch the entire season last night. It was hard.
Moving on. Let’s talk about these Peanut Sauce Chicken and Broccoli Bowls. This is a result of my ongoing effort to incorporate more easy and healthy dinners into my life and this blog. What I love about this dish is that it is fast, easy, and healthy. You can serve it with regular rice or cauliflower rice. It is high protein and gluten-free optional. And it takes about 20 minutes to make!
This dish is similar to my Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Bowls, except it uses a creamy peanut sauce instead of Buffalo sauce. Brown some chicken while you whisk together the no-cook peanut sauce, add the broccoli to the pan and let it steam for a few minutes, then pour on the peanut sauce and toss it all together. DONE. Then you can get on to more important things, like binging your latest Netflix obsession. Cheers, friends!
Other quick and easy dinners…
Peanut Sauce Chicken and Broccoli Bowls
For Peanut Sauce
For Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 4-6 cups broccoli florets I used 3 crowns, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients for peanut sauce except water. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Allow chicken to sit undisturbed for a few minutes, until it starts to brown. Turn and allow to brown on the other side. Stir and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Add broccoli to pan and cover with a lid. Allow to steam until broccoli is bright green and tender, -4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add peanut sauce, stir everything to completely coat in sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve right away over rice or cauliflower rice.
**For gluten free, be sure to use a gluten free soy sauce!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.