This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Healthy Cauliflower Rice Turkey Taco Skillet is a quick and easy low carb dinner. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is packed with veggies!
Hello, friends! Can you believe we are already through one month of 2018!?! I didn’t make any resolutions this year, but I’m always looking for fast and healthy dinners! That’s why I love this Healthy Cauliflower Rice Turkey Taco Skillet. It is super easy, ready in under 30 minutes, low carb, and high protein. And the servings are huge!
The first time I made this my husband did not believe that this had cauliflower rice in. He kept saying “Really…are you sure?” 😂😂😂 Yes dear, I’m sure. So this is a great way to hide a bunch of veggies in your dinner.
A Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is just the kind of dinner that will keep everyone happy!
A time saver for this recipe is to use cauliflower rice that is already prepared if you want – or you can make your own. I have made it with both bagged, pre-made cauliflower rice and homemade. Total cook time is about 20-25 minutes, so you can get a healthy dinner on the table in a jiffy.
I cut a huge amount of calories by using ground turkey in this recipe, but you could also use ground beef if you want. I also used my Homemade Taco Seasoning which is my favorite! If you prefer, you can use your own favorite taco seasoning, but keep in mind that some store bought taco seasonings have very high sodium and so the dish may be more salty.
I love this recipe because it is easy, quick, low calorie, low carb, gluten free, paleo and whole 30 – and packed with veggies! If you like this taco cauliflower rice recipe, you may also love my Buffalo Chicken and Broccoli Bowls with cauliflower rice!
CAULIFLOWER RICE TURKEY TACO SKILLET
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or oil of choice
- 1 onion diced
- 2 bell peppers diced ( any color, I used red)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound ground turkey you can also use ground beef if you prefer
- 1 heaping cup of fresh salsa
- 4 cups cauliflower rice from one head of cauliflower, or use pre made bagged cauliflower rice
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning see below, or use your favorite taco seasoning
- salt to taste
For The Taco Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika I like to use smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil.
- When oil is hot, add the onion and bell peppers, season with a bit of salt. Cook, stirring often, until soft and starting to turn golden, 8-10 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Push onions and peppers to the outside edges of the pan, leaving space in the middle. Add the ground turkey, and brown, mixing in the onions and peppers until cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
- Add the taco seasonings and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the salsa and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir until fully incorporated. Cook until cauliflower rice is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired, serve.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.