This Easy Cranberry Jalapeno Dip is a festive, creamy dip perfect for the holidays! Creamy, tangy, sweet and spicy, this dip has something for everyone.
This post is sponsored by FAGE. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Fox and Briar!
Have you ever had Cranberry Jalapeno Dip? It may seem like an odd combination, but trust me when I tell you it is AMAZING. Last year I went to a holiday party where my friend Annie whipped up a batch and I was instantly hooked. I decided to put a twist on this classic recipe by blending it into a creamy dip.
I have long been a fan of FAGE for their Greek yogurt, so I was really excited when they reached out and asked me to try one of their latest additions, Sour Cream. What could be better for creating a rich and creamy recipe?
HOW MAKE CRANBERRY JALAPENO DIP
- First, combine the cranberries, jalapenos, salt and sugar in a food processor. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Then, whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer. It is very important that the cream cheese is SOFT when you do this, or it will not mix well with the other ingredients.
- Next, add the secret ingredient – FAGE Sour Cream. Whip together with the cream cheese until combined.
- Drain off the excess liquid from the cranberry mixture, then add it to the cream cheese mixture. Use the hand mixer to beat the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to one day ahead of time.
To make this extra rich and creamy, I used a hand mixer to whip together the cream cheese and FAGE Sour Cream, and then again when adding the cranberry mixture. This helps emulsify the ingredients and gives the dip a light, creamy texture.
Click here to find out where you can buy FAGE Sour Cream in your area.
- ¼ cup FAGE sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese Softened (must be softened for best results)
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 /2 cup sugar more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine the cranberries, jalapeno, sugar and salt. Pulse until very finely chopped.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. It is very important that the cream cheese is softened for the best results. Use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese until it has a soft and smooth consistency. Add the sour cream and beat until combined.
- Drain excess liquid from the cranberry jalapeno mixture. Add the cranberry mixture to the cream cheese mixture, beat until combined.
- Serve right away with crackers and bread for dipping. This can also be made up to one day in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. If some liquid separates, just stir the dip well before serving.