This Quick and Easy Broccoli and Shrimp Stir Fry is a healthy and delicious 20 minute dinner! Skip the takeout and make this instead!
Well, fall is in full swing, and as much as we all would love to eat pumpkin bread for every meal, we should probably try to get some protein and vegetables in somewhere. No matter what time of year it is we always need some easy, healthy dinner ideas, right? And that is where this 20 Minute Broccoli and Shrimp Stir Fry comes in.
If you are a longtime reader of this blog, you know I love easy and healthy shrimp recipes. Whether it’s my super popular Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos, Easy Shrimp and Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner or Shrimp Scampi with White Wine, I can always rely on shrimp to make a fast and easy dinner.
Stir fries are a great quick, easy and healthy dinner solution because they come together so quickly. A great dinner shortcut here is to use pre-cut broccoli florets, to cut down on prep time. Use that time to whip up a quick and easy stir fry sauce. Using a homemade stir fry sauce makes this shrimp stir fry even better, because it tastes so much better than a bottled sauce! Serve it with my Coconut Rice for a complete, fast and delicious dinner!
Broccoli and Shrimp Stir FryPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound Large Shrimp shells removed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 TBSP olive oil divided
- Whisk together all ingredients for sauce, set aside
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add one tablespoon of oil. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, until pink. Be careful not to overcook. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Return pan to heat and add the other tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and saute for about 5 minutes, until softened and starting to turn golden. Add the broccoli, cook, stirring often until bright green and crisp tender, about 7 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan. Add the sauce and stir until everything is coated and sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
- Serve over rice if desired!