This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Sausage Cream Cheese Bites – These Three ingredient, Easy Appetizers take under half an hour to make and are a crowd favorite! The perfect party appetizer for New Year’s Eve, Christmas, Thanksgiving or any other party.
Here we are at the end of the year, can you believe it? I swear, every year goes by fast than the last. How do you plan to ring in 2019? At our house, we will be staying IN. Our tradition is to make a big “happy hour” of appetizers and stay warm and cozy on our couch. Especially this year, since we have the Baby Fox!
If you are looking for a few EASY APPETIZERS for New Year’s Eve, look no further! If you are a regular reader, you know I love my easy appetizers – Click HERE for all of my best appetizer recipes.
What I love about these Sausage and Cream Cheese Bites is – they are SO SIMPLE. Seriously, three ingredients (four if you count the egg wash), and half an hour are all it takes to make these delicious Sausage cream cheese bites! If you serve these at your New Year’s Eve Party, you may want to make a few a double batch – your guests will love them too!
How do you make Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents?
Rather than use the traditional crescent roll dough here, I used puff pastry. I think it tastes better and has a better texture. You still get a buttery, flaky dough, and it is still very easy to work with. The key to working with puff pastry is not to let it get too warm. You want to to thaw enough to be able to work with it, but the warmer it gets, the harder it is to work with, and the less flaky the bakes pastry will be.
Once you allow the puff pastry to thaw enough to work with it, roll it into about a 12 x 14 inch rectangle. Cut it into squares – about 3.5 x 3.5 inches. I use a pizza cutter to cut the puff pastry dough. No need to be extremely accurate with the measurements. I just wanted the puff pastry bites to be about the same size.
Press the squares into a muffin tin and brush with an egg wash. The egg wash will help the puff pastry turn golden brown in the oven. If you don’t use the egg wash, the dough will be more pale, even when cooked.
Mix together the softened cream cheese and cooked sausage. Fill each puff pastry bite with the mixture, then bake at 375 F for 10-15 minutes.
Sausage Cream Cheese Bites
- 1/2 pound hot Italian Sausage browned, hot Italian sausage is recommended, but mild is OK if you prefer it.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened, full fat recommended
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove puff pastry from the freezer and allow to that for about 15 minutes, or until you can unfold it without breaking it. However, don't let it get too warm.
- Meanwhile, mix the cooked sausage with the softened cream cheese, set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry, roll it out to approximately 12 x 14 inches. Cut into approximately 3.5 inch squares.
- Press each square into a muffin tin. In a small bowl, whip the egg with a fork to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the puff pastry, especially the edges.
- Evenly divide the sausage cream cheese mixture between the puff pastry squares.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.