This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make cauliflower rice in just a few minutes! This easy cauliflower rice makes a great low carb substitute in all kinds of recipes!
Cauliflower rice! Have you tried it? I love using it in recipes to keep the carb and calorie count low. Of course, you can now buy bags of premade cauliflower rice at most stores, but it is so easy and fast to make it yourself!
I generally use a food processor to make this super fast, but if you don’t have a food processor you can use a box grater and just grate the cauliflower like a piece of cheese!
I generally find cauliflower rice to be a bit bland on its own, so I like to mix it with bold flavors. It is a great way to sneak extra veggies into you meals and cut carbs while still feeling full and satisfied.
- 1 head cauliflower
- Rinse and dry cauliflower. Remove green leaves and base stem, cut the cauliflower head in half.
- Cut cauliflower into similar sized, medium to small sized florets, cut any large pieces of stem off.
- Place half of the florets into the food processor and don't fill the bowl more than halfway. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles grains of rice, about short 20 pulses. It is very easy to over process and accidentally make cauliflower puree, so take your time. Repeat with the second half of the florets.
- At this point, the raw cauliflower rice can be used in the recipe of your choice.
- To cook by itself, sauté in a skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of oil until tender, 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.