Make this one bowl Raspberry Swirl Brownie Sundae for Two. It’s the best small batch fudgy brownie for two ever!
It’s almost Valentine’s Day, and you know I had to come up with something chocolaty for the day. Last year I shared my Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes for Two, and the year before my Easy Chocolate Fondue. As a true chocolate lover, I think the best part about Valentine’s Day is the chocolate. And I believe that brownies should be moist, fudgy and rich. So I now present to you, the Raspberry Swirl Brownie Sundae for Two!
Que the fanfare. What I love about this skillet brownie sundae is that it is super easy to make. It can be made in one bowl and takes just a few minutes to stir together. And because I think raspberry and chocolate are divine together, I swirled in some raspberry preserves to make this Valentine’s day dessert extra special.
Now, I have explained before that I prefer to have a date night at home instead of going out to eat on Valentine’s day. Trying to go out to a fancy restaurant on Valentines day almost always leads to disappointment. The staff is stressed, the restaurants are crowded, the kitchen runs out of food. Better to stay home, eat a delicious meal, have a decadent dessert like this Skillet Brownie Sundae and then cozy up on the couch with some Netflix.
This Raspberry Swirl Brownie can be made ahead of time so you can just impress your sweetheart with a fancy dessert without a struggle. Have some ice cream on hand, and whip up the easy hot fudge sauce. Seriously – this hot fudge sauce takes about 30 seconds. Who says Valentine’s day has to be stressful?
Raspberry Swirl Brownie Sundae for Two
For Brownie Sundae
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled (plus more for greasing pan)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon for sprinkling on top
- 3 teaspoons raspberry preserves
- vanilla ice cream for topping
- Quick Hot Fudge See Below for topping
For The Quick Hot Fudge:
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 6 inch cast iron skillet or similarly sized baking dish.
- Mix the butter and sugar together, whisking until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg, mix until incorporated.
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder. Mix into the wet ingredients until it just comes together (don't over mix).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared skillet. Dot the three teaspoons of raspberry preserves over the top. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the top. Use a knife to swirl the batter together, creating ribbons of raspberry preserve.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve prepare the quick hot fudge.
- Place the 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and the 1 tablespoon half and half in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir together until fully mixed and chocolate is glossy. This may take 15-30 seconds of stirring. If hot fudge is too thick, add another teaspoon of half and half, stir together.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream over the brownie. Pour hot fudge on top. Serve right away with two spoons!