This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sauteed Zucchini and cherry tomatoes with basil and Parmesan is a simple side dish using all the fresh flavors from the late summer garden. This vegetarian dish is quick and easy, made in one skillet, and perfect for serving on the side with grilled meat, pasta, or even crusty bread!
Helloooo, I realize we have passed Labor Day and so summer is unofficially over. BUT I’m not ready to say goodbye yet. Summer produce is still going strong! I love this easy Sauteed zucchini and cherry tomato dish because it’s so simple and lets the flavors of summer shine through. I actually made up this recipe after bringing in some zucchini, cherry tomatoes and basil that I had just picked in my garden. It really doesn’t get more satisfying than that!
Use the best quality ingredients
When making a recipe with only a few ingredients, it is always important to use the best quality you can find. Even if you don’t grow your own zucchini and tomatoes, try to use it when it is fresh and in season. Fresh basil really just tastes like summer. And when calling for Parmesan cheese in recipes, I always suggest buying a whole wedge and grating it yourself. The flavor and texture will be so much better!
To make this sauteed zucchini and cherry tomato skillet, simply heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the zucchini and cherry tomatoes, and toss to coat with the oil. Season with salt, and let them sit in the pan for a few minutes so that they start to brown on the bottom.
Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes have burst ann the zucchini is browned. Stir in grated parmesan and basil, stir until combined and cheese has melted.
That’s it! For such a simple side dish, it really delivers on flavor.
More zucchini recipes:
Sauteed Zucchini and cherry tomatoes
- 12 ounces zucchini one large or two medium, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Basil finely cut
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- Heat a saute pan over medium high heat. When pan is hot, add olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add zucchini and tomatoes. Toss to coat with oil, season with salt. Let sit undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or until starting to brown in the bottom.
- Toss and continue to cook until tomatoes have burst and zucchini has browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine until cheese is melted. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.