This ridiculously easy 4 ingredient guacamole recipe is simple to make and tastes amazing. This is the only guacamole I make in my house and it is always a hit! Make this guacamole today!
This was originally posted on September 21st, 2015. It was updated on April 28th, 2020.
Do you love guacamole but hate all the chopping you have to do to make guacamole from scratch? Then I have the PERFECT EASY guacamole recipe for you: Guacamole with salsa – or as I call it: Easy, 4 ingredient guacamole.
How do you make guacamole from scratch?
Guacamole is made with avocados, salt and lime juice. It also often has onions, garlic, tomatoes, and jalapenos. This easy guacamole recipe uses prepared salsa to cut down on prep work and maximize flavor.
How do you keep guacamole from turning brown?
Guacamole will turn from green to brown very quickly as it is exposed to air. In order to keep your guacamole green, you need to protect it from oxygen. Here are the best ways to keep your guacamole from turning brown:
- Cover the surface with a little lime juice. The citrus will help keep the avocado from turning brown. This works OK but can change the flavor of your guacamole
- Cover with plastic wrap, but press the plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- The Kitchn recommends storing the guacamole in an airtight container and covering the surface with a layer of water. This works well to keep all air out. When ready to serve, just pour off the excess water and stir.
Why is guacamole good for you?
Guacamole is high in monounsaturated fats, fiber and potassium. It is low carb and high fat, which makes it a perfect snack for those following the keto diet.
What do you eat guacamole with?
Guacamole is a perfect dip for tortilla chips or vegetables. It is also wonderful with tacos, burritos, or burrito bowls. You can use guacamole to spread on toast, or top your chicken or beef with guacamole! The possibilities are endless!
Easy 4 Ingredient Guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice about half of a lime, lightly squeezed
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely minced or pressed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt add more to taste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mash with a fork or whisk until combined and chunky texture is achieved. Add salt to taste.