This refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with mint is a cool and easy side dish recipe for summer cookouts and picnics. Sweet watermelon, crunchy cucumbers, salty feta, pungent onions and fresh mint all come together for an explosion of flavors that everyone will love!
The Best Summer Side Dish
Who loves watermelon? I sure do. Until recently, I had never heard of a Watermelon Feta Salad, but I finally made it this year and wow, it is such a flavor bomb! This is such a good side dish for summer BBQs, picnics, cookouts. pool parties. It’s a no cook side dish recipe, can be made ahead of time and comes together in minutes.
How to make the best Watermelon Feta Salad
We added some cucumber to this Watermelon salad, because cucumber and watermelon compliment each other so well and it adds another layer of texture. Some red onions are also added for extra zing.
You can soak the onions in ice water for about 15 minutes while prepping the other ingredients. This takes some of the bite out of the onion and makes it more mild when eating raw.
Fresh mint, feta, and a simple lemon dressing finish off the watermelon salad. Adding lemon zest to the dressing really makes everything pop! I use a microplane like this one to easily zest citrus. Toss everything together and it’s done! You can make this ahead of time and chill it in the fridge for a few hours or serve right away. Personally I like it when it is chilled and has had some time for the flavors to meld.
What to serve with Watermelon Feta Salad
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 oz cubed feta
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ½ red onion sliced, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Salt pepper
- First slice onions, place in a bowl of ice water and allow to soak while prepping other ingredients.
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing, set aside.
- Add watermelon, cucumber, feta, and mint to a large bowl. Remove onions from water and drain off excess liquid. Add onions to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add dressing to the rest of the ingredients. Gently toss to mix. Serve right away, or chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!