Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Bundles make an incredibly easy and elegant appetizer or side dish for the holidays!
An easy holiday appetizer
I love that these asparagus bundles are roasted in the oven because it makes them so easy and hands off. I found that baking them on a rack helped the bacon to crisp up better than setting them directly on a baking sheet.
How to make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Oven
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus. The best way to do this is to grab each end of an asparagus spear and bend it until it snaps. It will snap off naturally at the right spot.
- Toss the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Remember to go easy on the salt, as the bacon will be salty too.
- Gather the asparagus into groups of 3-5 spears.
- Wrap the bacon around the asparagus spears, starting just under where the crown of the asparagus ends. As you wrap, wind the bacon down until you are near the bottom of the spears, but the asparagus still sticks out .
- Arrange bacon asparagus bundles on a baking rack fitted to a baking sheet.
- Bake Asparagus Bundles at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender.
- 7 slices bacon regular thin bacon, NOT thick cut, works best
- 12 ounces asparagus
- 2 tsp olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup, and fit baking sheet with a rack.
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus. Toss asparagus with olive oil, season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Group together asparagus in bunches of 3-5 spears. Wrap the bunches in a piece of bacon, starting at near the bottom of where the asparagus crown ends. Wrap the bacon around the bundle of asparagus, working toward the end of the spears. Leave the very ends of the spears sticking out.
- Arrange asparagus bundles on the rack, top with fresh cracked black pepper if desired.
- Place baking sheet on the upper rack in the oven, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender.