This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is perfect for a game day appetizer. If you love buffalo chicken wings then you will love this quick and simple Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Oh hello, 2020! It’s always sad when the holidays end, but now it’s time for all the game day appetizers! I recently made this Buffalo Chicken Dip and I could not believe how good it was! So simple and easy too. Buffalo chicken dip is perfect for serving at a Superbowl party, or any party really! This Buffalo Chicken Dip is also keto and low carb!
What Ingredients Are in Buffalo Chicken Dip?
To mimic the flavor of buffalo chicken wings, my Buffalo Chicken Dip has the following ingredients:
- Shredded cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions (Spring Onions)
- Garlic Powder
- Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Hot Sauce
For this Buffalo Chicken Dip I wanted to use real ingredients. So I used real chicken instead of canned chicken. I also use sour cream, green onions and garlic powder instead of bottled ranch dressing.
Blue cheese is traditional with Buffalo wings, so if you love blue cheese, feel free to sprinkle some on top or substitute it for some of the cheddar or mozzarella. My family doesn’t like blue cheese, so I didn’t use it.
What Goes Good with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- tortilla chips
- toasted baguette slices
What Kind of Crackers are Best for Buffalo Chicken Dip?
I would suggest a sturdy cracker so it doesn’t break off when dipping. I personally love the pita crackers from Trader Joe’s! Wheat Thins and Triscuits would also be good because they are more sturdy and less likely to break when dipping.
How Long Does Buffalo Chicken Dip Last in the Fridge?
Depending on how fresh your ingredients are to start, Buffalo Chicken Dip should last 3-5 days in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
To freeze buffalo chicken dip, store it in an airtight container. Freeze for up to three months. Allow to thaw completely in the refrigerator before reheating.
How to Reheat Buffalo Chicken Dip
To reheat, place buffalo chicken dip in a microwave-safe container. Reheat in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until heated through.
More Game Day Appetizers:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken I used a rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup mozzarella divided
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I used Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Stir together cream cheese, garlic powder, white parts of green onion and sour cream until combined. Stir in ½ cup cheddar and ½ cup mozzarella, reserve other 1/4 cup of mozzarella for topping. Stir in hot sauce and shredded chicken.
- Transfer dip into an oven safe dish, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and cheese is bubbly. If desired, finish under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to get cheese browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with remaining green onion slices.