This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Easy Apple Crisp Recipe is one of the best apple desserts you can make! This old fashioned apple crisp takes only a few minutes to prepare and has a delicious crumb topping.
The highly anticipated Easy Apple Crisp recipe is here! I made this recipe a few weeks ago on my Instagram stories and you guys have been chomping at the bit for the recipe! Well I’m happy to share my favorite apple crisp recipe today, and you won’t believe how easy it is! Whether you call it apple crisp or apple crumble, you will love this homemade apple crisp recipe!
How do you make easy apple crisp?
To make an easy apple crisp, dice six apples and add them to an 2.5 quart baking dish. Squeeze half a lemon over the apples, and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of fresh ground nutmeg. Toss everything together in the dish. Mix together the ingredients for the apple crisp topping. When the topping is mixed, sprinkle it evenly over the apples. Bake the apple crisp in the oven for 20-45 minutes, of until the apples are very tender and the filling is bubbling up through the crisp topping.
What temperature do you bake apple crisp at?
Bake the apple crisp in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long does it take to bake an apple crisp?
The cooking time for an apple crisp varies depending on the type of apples you use. For this recipe I used Fuji apples, and the cooking time for the apple crisp was 45 minutes to one hour. If you use an apple that breaks down faster, such as a McIntosh apple, the apple crisp will bake more quickly, in about 20-25 minutes. You will know the apple crisp is done when the apples are very tender and the filling is bubbling.
How do you make crumb topping for apple crisp?
This crumb topping for the apple crisp has oats for extra texture, and is easy to make. All it takes is butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and a little salt. Don’t skip the salt! It makes a big difference in the final taste. You can mix it together with your hands, or use a fork if you prefer. Once mixed together the apple crisp topping should resemble wet sand.
What are the best apples for apple crisp?
I use Fuji apples here, but many people love using granny smith apples, and Jonagold, Honeycrisp and Braeburn are also good apples for baking in an apple crisp. I also have used McIntosh apples, however, they are hard to find these days. The benefit of McIntosh apples is that they will cook very quickly.
Do you need to peel the apples for apple crisp?
You don’t have to peel the apples for the apple crisp, but you can if you want to. I normally don’t because one thing I like about this recipe is how fast it is to throw together. I also like the pink color the apple peels give the filling.
More desserts you will love
Easy Apple Crisp
For The Apple Crisp:
- 6 apples cored and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg fresh grated
For The Apple Crisp Topping:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 a stick) cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats not instant
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In an 2.5 quart baking dish, add the diced apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss together to fully coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for apple crisp topping. It is easier to mix together with your hands, but you can also use a fork or whisk if you prefer. Topping will resemble wet sand when mixed.
- Evenly sprinkle apple crisp topping over apples. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until apples are very tender and filling is bubbling up through topping.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.