This French toast bake is an easy brunch recipe and perfect for hosting a crowd. You’ll love the fluffy brioche bread, drizzled in maple syrup, and so will your guests! Make this Baked French Toast Recipe for Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day, or any other weekend brunch!
Hi there! Allie from Miss Allie’s Kitchen coming to you with this Classic Brioche French Toast Bake recipe! I’m a food photographer and recipe developer by trade and beautiful, homemade recipes with simple ingredients are my favorite things to share. This French toast bake totally fits the bill.
When it comes to hosting breakfast and brunch, I tend to be pretty lazy if we’re laying it all out on the table. The idea of frying individual pieces of French toast on the skillet seems laborious, and if I have company over, I’d rather spend time chatting with them over a hot cup of coffee, or better yet a Rose Raspberry Sorbet Mimosa! Or try one of my Frothy Irish Coffees that I make in the blender!
French Toast Bake makes an easy brunch recipe!
French Toast Bakes and breakfast casseroles are the perfect solution for when you want a gorgeous meal in the morning, and you don’t want to spend a lot of active time making it. This Baked French Toast is perfect for brunch, Mother’s Day, Easter or any other reason to have Sunday brunch. And let’s be honest, do you even need a reason for brunch?
How do you Make a French Toast Bake?
This recipe has the incredible ability to be both light and rich at the same time. Exactly what you want in a breakfast, right? Layers of buttery brioche bread are covered in an egg custard touched with cinnamon and vanilla. Drooling yet?
All you have to do is slice or cut cubes of brioche bread and lay them in a casserole dish. You’ll whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon and pour it right on top. Pop it in the oven to get all French toast-y and you’ve got breakfast! Brunch tip – serve this with Sheet Pan Baked Bacon for the ultimate impressive but easy brunch.
If want to try more breakfast bakes, check out my Banana Blueberry Baked Breakfast Oatmeal, it’s so easy.
Chat soon – Allie
Classic Brioche French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf Brioche bread sliced
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 8 eggs
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the bread into halved triangles or cut the bread into pieces.
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish with the butter.
- Arrange the bread in the casserole dish as desired.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread, making sure each piece is wet.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and place in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the bake is totally set in the middle.
- Serve, and top with powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.