This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to make The Best Easy Peanut Noodles! Use my Best Ever Thai Peanut Sauce with a simple trick to make these quick peanut noodles.
Peanut Noodles are such a satisfying and easy meal. I absolutely LOVE peanut sauce, and after publishing my Best Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe a few years ago, it looks like you all do too! That recipe has over fifty 5 star reviews. It is my favorite sauce for a variety of uses, including these Easy Peanut Noodles.
I’ve kept this recipe simple, with just a flavor packed peanut sauce and the noodles. You can feel free to add your favorite protein – shrimp, chicken, or tofu all would work great here! You can also add more veggies to bulk it up if you want. These peanut noodles are totally customizable to your preferences. As is, they are vegan, and dairy free. They can also be gluten free if you use gluten free noodles and use tamari instead of soy sauce.
A simple trick to make creamy peanut noodles
What is the one thing that will take a lumpy sauce and make it smooth and creamy? Pasta water! As you cook the pasta, it releases starch into the water. The water will thin out the sauce as needed and the starch will help the sauce cling to the noodles.
So save your pasta water! I usually reserve a cup of pasta water before draining the noodles. I don’t use all of it, but I would rather have too much than not enough. Slowly add the pasta water to the peanut noodles to thin out the sauce and help it stick to the noodles.
What goes with peanut noodles?
I like to garnish the noodles with sesame seeds, sliced green onion and crushed peanuts, although that is optional.
Easy Peanut Noodles
- 16 oz pasta
For the Sauce
For garnish (all optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Before draining, reserve one cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce. Whisk to fully combine.
- After draining pasta, add peanut sauce. Stir into noodles, adding pasta water a little bit at a time until desired consistency is reached. You will most likely only need about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, not all of it.
- Serve and garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and crushed peanuts if desired.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.