This Oven Baked Greek Chicken Thighs Recipe is a super fast and easy weeknight dinner idea. A quick and flavorful marinade with Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic and herbs helps make this chicken super tender and full of flavor!
If you are looking for a quick dinner recipe, boneless, skinless chicken thighs are going to help you out. They cook so quickly, and have so much more flavor than chicken breasts! Plus they don’t dry out as easily. These Greek Chicken thighs have so much flavor packed into them, you wouldn’t believe that they only have to marinate for 15 minutes!
How to cook chicken thighs in the oven
One reason I love using boneless, skinless chicken thighs is that they cook so quickly in the oven. Depending on the size, they are usually done in 20-25 minutes. I like to use a baking sheet lined with foil for easy clean up. Roast them at 425 degrees F so they can get a little bit browned and crispy. They should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit when done.
The Best Greek Chicken Marinade
I love using yogurt to marinate meat – here with lemon, garlic and herbs it takes on bright greek flavors. Using yogurt helps to make the meat tender – the lactic acid and calcium in the yogurt helps break down the proteins and collagen. It also helps with browning and carmelization.
What to serve with Greek chicken thighs
Try my Turmeric Rice as a side dish for this Greek chicken, or my easy Homemade Pita Bread! and a simple salad. I also like to serve it with a Cous Cous Salad – I’ll be sharing the recipe for that later this week!
If you like this recipe, you will also love my Easy Chicken Shawarma!
Oven Baked Greek Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt full fat preferred
- ¼ cup olive oil
- zest of one lemon
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons dried italian seasoning I used my homemade blend, make sure yours has no added salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together ingredients for marinade. Toss chicken in marinade to fully coat. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, or keep in the refrigerator for longer, up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Arrange chicken on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Did you make these! Don’t forget to leave a review and rate the recipe! Take a photo and tag me @foxandbriar and use the hashtag #foxandbriar on Instagram so I can see what you make!