These Slow Cooker Beef Burrito Bowls are a delicious and easy make ahead meal. All ingredients can be prepared ahead of time and putting the burrito bowls together just takes a few minutes. Just like your favorite Chipotle burrito bowl, but better!
Let me introduce you to your new weeknight life saver. The Slow Cooker Beef Burrito Bowl. On Wednesday I shared my All Purpose Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef, which works for all kinds of meals. My favorite use so far though is this burrito bowl. First of all, I’ve been a sucker for burrito bowls ever since I first tried them at Chipotle. All those delicious flavors in a big bowl, how can you not love that?
To be honest, it has been a few years since I’ve found myself at a Chipotle, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying burrito bowls at home. One reason I LOVE these is that they are so easy to throw together, especially if the ingredients have been prepared ahead of time. I have been eating burrito bowls for breakfast lunch and dinner (OK, slight exaggeration, but lots of leftovers is the life of a food blogger) and I love that I can just open my fridge and grab the ingredients in their various storage containers, reheat the things I want reheated and have lunch ready a few minutes later.
Even the preparation of this Slow Cooker Beef Burrito Bowl is super easy – the beef is made in the slow cooker, so it’s mostly hands off. Start a pot of rice, reheat a can of beans and some frozen corn, whip together my Super Easy Guacamole (only 4 ingredients!) and presto – have yourself a delicious burrito bowl. Done and done. To quote my BFF Ina , how easy is that?
Slow Cooker Beef Burrito Bowl
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels I used frozen since it is not in season right now
- 12-16 ounces Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef Click here for recipe
- 1 cup Super Easy Guacamole Click here for recipe or use your favorite guacamole
- 1/2 cup of Salsa
- lime slices
- hot sauce optional, to taste
- Cilantro optional, for garnish
- To make burrito bowls, evenly divide lettuce, rice, beans, corn and shredded beef between bowls. Top with guacamole and salsa, garnish with cilantro if using. Serve with lime slices and hot sauce if desired.
I love it when you make something like slow cooker meat, and you’ve got at least another dinner almost ready… Yay! This looks awesome Meghan!
Kiran @ kirantarun.com says
Burrito bowls are just so comforting, and this is no exception! yum!