These Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos have juicy pulled pork, crunchy cilantro lime slaw and creamy avocado crema, all piled in a soft tortilla. These are the perfect idea for feeding a crowd, and everything can be made ahead of time!
Pulled Pork Tacos in the Crock Pot
Making this Mexican Shredded Pork in the Slow Cooker makes this so easy! See my post HERE for full instructions on making Mexican Shredded Pork in the Crock Pot. I love to make a huge batch of this and freeze some so that I can have easy pork tacos on a busy night. The Cilantro Lime Slaw and Avocado Crema are fast and easy to whip up, so if you make the carnitas ahead of time, you can have tacos in a flash.
Pulled Pork Tacos Toppings
Mexican Pulled Pork is so rich, I find that the contrast of a zesty Cilantro Lime Slaw and Creamy Avocado Crema make the perfect harmony of textures and flavors. The crunchy slaw adds freshness that compliments the spiced pork – it’s really just a flavor party. I like to top my pork tacos with:
- Cilantro Lime Slaw (I used my Chayote Lime Slaw, but you can find a recipe below for standard Cilantro Lime Slaw)
- Avocado Crema
- Extra lime juice
- extra cilantro
how to make pulled pork tacos
Once you have your Mexican Shredded Pork, crunchy slaw and avocado crema, it is really just a matter of building your taco! I like to use corn tortillas, but use flour if that is what you prefer! I like to crisp up my tortillas a little bit by spraying them with oil and warming them in a frying pan. This makes them slightly crispy and just improves the flavor so much.
If you like this recipe, you will love these other Taco Recipes!
Pork Tacos with Pineapple Mint Salsa
Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded pork Can be made ahead of time
- 8 small corn tortillas or flour tortillas, if you prefer
For The Cilantro Lime Slaw:
- 3 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 3 carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 japaleno diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 lime
- ½ teaspoons coarse sea salt or to taste. Use half the amount if using regular table salt.
For The Avocado Crema:
- 1 avocado medium
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
To Make The Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Add all ingredients for slaw to a large bowl, toss together until fully mixed. Set aside.
To Make The Avocado Crema
- Add the avocado, lime juice, sour cream and salt to a food processor, pulse until creamy.
- Optional step: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray the tortillas on both sides with a little oil. Heat the tortillas in a skillet until starting turn golden and a bit crispy. Flip and do the same on the other side.
- In one tortilla, add about 1/4 cup of the Mexican shredded pork, top with cilantro lime slaw and avocado crema.
Mark L says
I made this recipe because of the toppings which were very yummy. Also made your pulled pork recipe which is one of the best. Instant pot guy but did the slow cooker and I think this is better that way. Browned corn tortillas and pickled onions/jalapenos. The whole family loved it!
So glad to hear that!
People on here talk to much
How long will the crema last in the fridge?
About a day. It will start to turn brown pretty quickly because of the avocado.
Kathy Soule says
Can u use the small size street size corn tortillas?
Sure! Any tortilla you want.
Lorraine Scully says
Haven’t had tacos this good since I lived in Mexico!
Wow, that is quite the compliment! So happy to hear that!
Sarah Z Garner says
Fresh tasting and wonderful. You can also substitute grilled shrimp or fish.
I’m so glad you loved them!
Carol Agapito says
WE are making these tonight – so excited! Can you make the avocado crema in advance?
Yes you can, it might get a little bit of a brown tinge to it though. But it will still taste fine!
We made the slow cooker pulled pork, the cilantro slaw, and the crema. Everything was amazing!!! Best tacos my husband and I have ever had!
Oh yay! I am so happy to hear that!
Annie r says
So glad you loved it Annie!