These Slow Cooker Pork Tacos let your slow cooker do most of the work. Crunchy purple cabbage, tender pork and a juicy pineapple mint salsa create a taco bursting with flavor!
You know, I have learned something about you guys. You like tacos. Like, you really, really like tacos. Maybe you love tacos. Maybe you should make tacos some chocolate fondue and ask them to be your valentine. The reason I know you like/love tacos is because a few months ago I did a post about Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos. It was sort of an off-hand decision to even share them in the first place. I was craving tacos one night and sort of just made up the recipe based on what I had in the house. But. The Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos were a hit. Like, the most popular recipe on this site to date. So you know I’m going to give the people what they want, and what they want is more tacos.
I recently shared a recipe for The Easiest Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, and that is what gave me the idea for these Slow Cooker Pork Tacos. I mean, what is easier than letting your slow cooker do the work for you, and then putting these pork tacos together in about 15 minutes after the pork is cooked? After you have slow cooked your pork and shredded it, you are ready to make these tacos. I mentioned before that you can freeze the pork, so if you did that, just thaw it out and you will be ready to start. I placed the shredded pork under the broiler for about 5 minutes to warm it up and let it get a little crispy. You don’t want to leave it too long or it can dry out.
A bright, citrusy pineapple mint salsa was just the thing
Since the pork is so rich, I wanted something that could brighten it up and cut the oil a little. A bright, citrusy pineapple mint salsa was just the thing. I went with mint because I don’t really like cilantro, and it turned out great. The pop of fresh flavor from the mint really plays nicely with the pork and the pineapple. Fresh chunks of pineapple, lime juice, shallot and mint are all you need for this easy salsa. You can add jalapeno if you want to make it a little spicy, but that is optional.
I also added some purple cabbage for crunch, plus I like the bright purple color with the yellow pineapple, green mint and red salsa. So colorful, like a party! Try not to eat ten of them.
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos with Pineapple Mint Salsa
For The Tacos:
- 3 cups Shredded Slow Cooker Pork Follow Recipe HERE
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- red salsa
- Pineapple Mint Salsa see below
For The Pineapple Mint Salsa:
- 2 cups fresh cut pineapple diced
- 1/2 shallot finely minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- juice of half a lime
- 1 jalapeno finely minced (optional)
- After pork is cooked, place enough for tacos on a foil lined baking sheet and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until starting to get brown and crispy. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Place all ingredients for pineapple mint salsa in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat tortillas by spraying both sides with cooking spray and warming over medium heat in a skillet until starting to brown.
- Assemble tacos by placing shredded cabbage in the bottom of the tortilla shell, topping with some pork and topping that with some pineapple mint salsa and red salsa. Serve right away.
So, on a scale of “just friends” to “totally want to marry”, how much do you love tacos? If you make this recipe don’t forget to tag it @foxandbriar and #foxandbriar on instagram andfacebook! I really love to see what you make!
Items I used in this post (Affiliate Links)
If you like this you may also like…
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!