This easy mango salsa recipe has just a few ingredients and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare! This sweet and spicy salsa is perfect for topping tacos, fish, steak, chicken, or just digging in with chips!
If you are a fan of the sweet and spicy combination you will love this easy mango salsa. Sweet, ripe mangoes, spicy jalapenos, sharp red onion, tangy lime juice and fresh cilantro make for a flavor bomb salsa that will take your next Taco Tuesday to the next level! I also love mango salsa on salmon, or just as an appetizer at a party. Be sure to serve with plenty of corn chips for scooping it up!
What are the ingredients in Mango Salsa?
- red onion
- lime juice
How to make Mango Salsa
- Peel and dice the mangoes.
- Finely dice the jalapeño and red onion. Be sure to remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno before chopping if you want it to be less spicy. It is also a good idea to wear gloves when handling jalapenos or other hot peppers to avoid being burned by the oils.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Juice 1-2 limes. Fresh lime juice is best. I swear by my citrus juicer!
- Combine all ingredients, along with 1/4 tsp kosher salt, stir to combine. Taste and add more salt if needed. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld.
What to serve with Mango Salsa
Mango Salsa makes a great topping for tacos, such as these fish tacos or these pork tacos. It is great as a stand alone dip with chips. Salmon with mango salsa is also an unexpected flavor combination. Try it with my Chili Lime Salmon. It’s also great as a salad topping, like in this salad. You may also want to serve this Super Easy Guacamole along side! And don’t forget to sip a margarita while you enjoy all that great food!
- 1.5 cups Mango peeled and diced. 2-3 mangoes
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed, 1-2 limes
- 3 TBSP Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Add all ingredients to bowl, gently toss together. Taste and add more salt to taste if needed.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
Leave a Reply