This Red, White and Blueberry Tart is a fresh berry tart perfect for 4th of July or any summer day! Fresh berries, a sweet creamy filling and a graham cracker crust make this simple and delicious tart a total winner!
I’m sorry I had to get all cute with the name of this Red, White and Blueberry Tart, but I can’t help myself. I love celebrating, and I will take any excuse to do so. Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Bastille Day? Tuesday? Yeah, I will celebrate any and all of those. And really, even though this fresh berry tart is perfect for Fourth of July, it is also perfect for pretty much any other day of the year. It’s just that I have been making a variation of this tart on Fourth of July for the last few years, so now it is my Fourth of July Tart.
This Red, White and Blueberry Tart is super simple and full of fresh berries!
This is perfect to make for a holiday party or to bring to a BBQ because you can make it ahead of time! The tart itself is simple – a graham cracker crust, a creamy filling that tastes like a cross between cheesecake and whipped cream and finished with fresh berries on top. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill for half an hour before cutting it!
Some tips for this Recipe:
- To press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan, use the flat bottom and sides of a dry measuring cup. It works like a charm!
- You will need a tart pan, it is best to use one with a removable bottom to make getting the tart out super easy. See below the one that I use and love!
- I used my kitchenaid mixer to whip the filling, but I’m sure that an electric hand mixer would work just as well.
- I used my food processor to grind the graham crackers. If you don’t have one, you may try to put them in a zip top bag and crush them with a rolling-pin. However, be sure that the crackers are crushed into a fine powder (similar to sand), and that there are no large chunks mixed in.
Tools I used for this recipe (affiliate links)…
Other Recipes for a BBQ…
Red, White and Blueberry Tart
- 9 graham crackers one sleeve
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar*
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces bar cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam optional
- Pre heat oven to 350°F
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers and 2 tablespoons of sugar until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until combined.
- Transfer to a tart pan and press firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan (it helps to use the flat bottom of a measuring cup). Bake for about 12 minutes, or until browned. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whip together cream cheese, vanilla and 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Slowly add cream and whip until soft peaks form.
- Spread filling in crust and arrange berries on top.
- For optional glaze: heat jam and 1 tablespoon of water in microwave or small sauce pan. Stir together until smooth and carefully brush over berries.
- Refrigerate tart for at least half an hour before serving, and up to one day.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase the items I recommend through the links I provide, I get a small commission. For more info, please see my disclosure policy. Thanks for supporting Fox and Briar!
Leslie j says
Can’t wait to make this- I have one question, though: What size tart pan should I use?
Hi Leslie – Yay! I used a 9 inch tart pan. Let me know how it turns out!
Kelly Sears says
How much would one sleeve be crushed…. I have already crushed graham cracker crumbs. Thank you
Hi Kelly, sorry for the delay, I have been on vacation with no internet access. 1 sleeve should equal about 1 and 1/4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs, at least according to google! Hope that helps 🙂
This is one beautiful tart! It is so festive and sounds delicious!
Thanks so much Julie!
Lynn | The Road to Honey says
Woah! What a stunner. I bet that when this tart shows up at any and all fourth of July parties it is gone in sixty seconds. No. . .wait. . .30 seconds. Hmmm. . .does it even make it to the party? BTW. . .I’m loving the way you decorated it. It just screams summer to me.
Haha, thank you so much Lynn!
Alaina @ A Not So Quiet Kitchen says
This is so pretty!! I love it!! Perfect for a Fourth of July Picnic!!
Thank you Aliana!
Kathy @ Beyond the Chicken Coop says
This is perfecto for the holidayo! I love the name…Red, White and Blueberry Tart!
Thank you so much Kathy!
Ashlyn // Dollop Of Yum says
This looks so amazing (and I love the cute name)! This is absolutely perfect for the fourth of July!
Thank you so much Ashlyn!
What a beautiful looking tart!
Thank you Adina!
Are you kidding?! I’m super glad you got all cute. I want to make extra filling just to spoon. And that log serving tray is also adorable.
Thank you Annie! I couldn’t help myself! 🙂
Dawn @ Girl Heart Food says
This is just so beautiful! Love all the berries on there. What a perfect Summer dessert! Pinning 🙂 Have a lovely weekend, girl!
Thank you so much friend!
jane @ littlesugarsnaps says
That is one smart tart. You have some of my favourite ingredients in here and I just love the biscuit crust.
Thanks so much Jane!
Natasha @ Salt and Lavender says
This looks really good! And you’re totally right… it’s perfect for any day really 🙂
Thanks so much Natasha!
All I can say is “scrumptious!!” I’ve been lucky enough to be at Miz Fox’s right after she created this masterpiece!! It is highly addicting & will become part of my dessert repertoire! It’s visually dynamic & the flavors are varied & delightful!
🙂 🙂 🙂
Geraldine | Green Valley Kitchen says
Just gorgeous, Meghan – you’ve done your self proud! Love that it’s so simple, fresh and that the filling is no bake. Pinning.
Aww, thank you Geralidine!! And thank you for pinning!
Leslie @ flora foodie says
Sooooo pretty! I think the boyfriend would die over that filling. And the raspberry glaze idea? Fantastical.
Thank you Leslie!