This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasted Cauliflower With Yogurt Sauce AND a dairy free tahini sauce! You won’t believe how addictive this dish is with caramelized cauliflower, a zingy yogurt sauce and a tasty tahini sauce for people who prefer not to eat dairy.
I am so happy today to be sharing this Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Sauce AND tahini sauce because it is a very special occasion – it’s the virtual baby shower for Izzy from She Likes Food! I was so honored to be included in this fun celebration put on by a group of amazing bloggers. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see all the recipes this group of blogging friends have brought to Izzy’s party.
I met Izzy through blogging and not only is she a talented recipe developer and photographer, but she is also one of the sweetest people ever. Izzy creates mostly gluten-free and vegan or vegetarian recipes on her blog, so I knew that I wanted my contribution to fall into those categories. Izzy makes it look easy, but coming up with a tasty recipe that is vegan AND gluten-free is harder than it looks! I have been wanting to re-create a recipe from the same middle eastern restaurant I mentioned in my last post, and I realized it was perfect for the occasion!
Zahra is the name of the dish, but zahra really just means cauliflower (I think? It might just mean flower). The first time we went to the restaurant, Mr. Briar immediately told me we needed to order this dish. I was not super excited about a cauliflower dish but I went with it. Cut to fifteen minutes later when I could. Not. Stop. Eating. Sometimes it is easy to forget that just a few simple ingredients can come together to make something delicious. In the restaurant the cauliflower is fried, but I wanted to roast this because frying is such a hassle.
Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Sauce AND a Vegan Tahini Sauce is an easy side dish or appetizer!
Since I wanted a dairy free option for this, I decided to make two sauces. The first is a simple yogurt sauce, and the second, dairy-free option is a tahini sauce. You can make one or both, totally up to you! Oh, and although I served these in the cute little mini skillets, I roasted the cauliflower on a simple sheet pan. The benefit of creating individual serving sizes is that everyone can pick their own sauce. This dish makes a great appetizer or side dish, perfect for a dinner party – or a baby shower!
Congratulations again Izzy!
Complete your Middle Eastern Feast…
Roasted Cauliflower With Yogurt Sauce (Zahra)
For The Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon allepo pepper see note
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- parsley for garnish, optional
For Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves
For Tahini Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- On a baking sheet, toss cauliflower with 1/4 cup of olive oil, Aleppo pepper, season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- While cauliflower is roasting, make the sauces (you can make just one or both)
For The Yogurt Sauce:
- Stir ingredients together until smooth. Thin with just a little water if you would like a thinner consistency.
For The Tahini Sauce:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add the tahini, lemon juice, Aleppo pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Use a whisk to stir just until combined. Whisk in the water and whisk until smooth (you can ad more or less water to reach desired consistency)
To Complete The Dish:
- Serve cauliflower drizzled with sauce of choice, then garnish with just a pinch of Aleppo pepper and parsley if desired. Serve while cauliflower is still hot!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Tahini sauce adapted from Food.com
Hoecakes with Blueberry Lemon Compote from Making Thyme for Health
Mini Phyllo Strawberry Brie Bites from Flavor the Moments
Veggie and Pesto Flatbread Pizza from Cook Nourish Bliss
GF Blackberry Greek Yogurt Cake from Whisk & Shout
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Brownies from Foodie Loves Fitness
Paleo Tres Leches Cake from The Roasted Root
Rosemary Lemonade Popsicles from Vanilla and Bean
Roasted Cauliflower with Yogurt Sauce (Zahra) from Fox and Briar
Mini Berry Tarts (Paleo, Gluten Free & Vegan) from Bakerita
Healthy Potato Nachos from Nourished The Blog