This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Million Dollar Dip is rich and creamy from its base of cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise, then loaded up with bacon, cheese, green onions and slivered almonds. Also known as Neiman Marcus Dip, this decadent appetizer will wow your guests and disappear from the table before you know it!
What is Million Dollar Dip
Million Dollar Dip was created in Dallas, Texas by Helen Corbitt for a restaurant inside Neiman Marcus. That is why it is also known as Neiman Marcus Dip. This retro 1950’s recipe has remained popular for a reason – it is totally indulgent, creamy, cheesy, and delicious! Always a hit, make this for your next football watching party, New Years Eve, or holiday gathering!
Ingredients for Million Dollar Dip
With just 9 ingredients, this Million Dollar Dip is pretty simple. Below are the ingredients and some tips about how to best use them.
- Cream Cheese – Softened cream cheese makes the base of this dip extra creamy.
- Mayonnaise – binds everything together and adds richness.
- Sour Cream – the third part of the trifecta that makes this creamy dip! Sour cream adds lightness and zing.
- Crispy Chopped Bacon – I like to use my best way to make bacon method to easily cook bacon strips to perfection before chopping them up.
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese – I don’t recommend using pre-shredded/bagged cheese here, as it has anti-clumping agents that can be unpleasant. Instead, take two minutes to grate your own on a box grater!
- Toasted Slivered Almonds – these add a surprising texture and a little crunch, along with a nutty flavor. I was unsure how they would fit into this dip, but they are a nice touch.
- Green Onions/Scallions – Mild enough to use raw, these add some great flavor to cut the richness.
Million Dollar Dip with Cream Cheese
Some recipes for Million Dollar Dip use mayonnaise as the only base for this creamy dip. That might be original to the recipe, but I found that using cream cheese and sour cream in addition to the mayo gives a creamer texture. This will work best if the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing in the other ingredients.
How to make Crispy Bacon
Some people will use pre cooked bacon, but I prefer to make my own. Here is how to make perfect crispy bacon.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Place a baking rack onto the baking sheet. Make sure the baking rack fits INTO the baking sheet.
- Lay the slices of bacon on the rack, so that they are flat and not touching each other.
- Place the baking sheet in a cold oven.
- Set temperature to 350°F.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes, until desired crispness is reached. Different brands and cuts of bacon will take different amounts of time.
More Easy Dips You Will Love
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 7 Layer Dip
- Crab Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Super Easy 4 ingredient Guacamole
Million Dollar Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup crisp cooked bacon chopped (about 8 slices)
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded, (about 2 cups)
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, beat the cream cheese until soft.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder and onion powder, beat until combined.
- Before stirring in the rest of the ingredients, reserve 1-2 tablespoons each of the bacon, green onion, almonds, and cheese, to garnish the top of the dip.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. Garnish the top of the dip with reserved ingredients and serve with crackers or chips.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.